Friday, August 19, 2011

Turned down 5 students ....

Yup. Had to turn down 5 students in the last 3 days. I just couldn't take them on.... With my current schedule of trying to get the Centre on-line, I hardly have time to tutor my own kids.

Okay. I didn't turn down my girlfriend. I was ahhhing...errr-ing.. and then she was quick to reply "better not. I know if you say yes, it is out of obligation. If she really needs it, she'll have to travel to you".

I have to say that it felt good that I am actually wanted! It felt even better to hear that my tutoring did help them in their exams last term. :-) These kids are all from the boys' school. Although I did 'promote' my Centre, I don't think they will be so hadap for my tutoring that they will actually travel to my Centre. It is located in the other side of town. I haven't decided yet, but I probably WILL have my kids travel to the Centre for tutoring....

Why have it on the other side of town? My partner and I felt that that is the ideal location to start, with many International and National-Plus type schools offering the Cambridge, IB and HSC Curricula. We will be the only centre focusing on Maths, Physics and Chemistry in English Language. Read more here, if interested. Errr... why not Biology? Perhaps later. But at the moment, I can only teach these!

This blog will remain to be an 'anonymous' blog about my private life.... :-)

4 comments:

mott said...

looking good NM!!! like somenone's testimonial. *cough cough* :)

tahniah 2x!!!

Charmaine said...

Good luck with the tutoring centre. Is IB offered in most International schools in Jakarta? It's starting to gain popularity here in some private schools.

mun said...

All the best to your centre! The website looks good.

NomadicMom said...

mott - It's true lah. The testimonial. I tutored him everyday for about an hour or more for three months. He did well in his final exams. Too long to write here. I will put in another post what his friends said.

Charmaine - Actually, it's sort of half-half I guess. QUite a number still offer the Cambridge Curriculum. There's somme Christian Schools that offer the Australian Curriculum. SOme are mixed- Like boys' school. iGCSE and then IB.

Mun - Thanks!

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker