Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Busy Day...

The day started bright and early this morning. Was up at 5.50 am before my alarm rang at 6.10 am.
Usually, I will just check that boys are up and ready for school. But this morning, I had to prepare breakfast for the boys. What happened to my maid? Good question.
On Monday night (14th Feb), she said her son was ill and had to go home and will only come back to work on Wednesday morning (16th Feb). Baloney lah! I was going to give her a day off on Tuesday (15th Feb), in lieu of her off-day this Saturday (20th Feb). Usually, she will have a full 24-hour day, i.e. if she goes off at 4.00 pm on Tuesday, she should be back at 4.00 pm Wednesday. But this time, she told me she will come back Thursday morning. This was last Saturday (12th Feb) when we discussed about her off-day. Really taking me for granted! Her last off-day, I gave her 2 nights off which was over CNY. That is ME giving her off. How can she EXPECT to have 2 nights off ALL the time? I really hate it when they do this. Obviously I said NO.
So you say lah! Really son ill or bluff? My H said sure bluff. I think so too. Maybe she wants to spend Valentine's Day with her husband??

I put in the washing, then went off for my Yoga class. As usual, traffic was a nightmare. I tell you... if it is not for the tranquility of my house, I would have gone GILA long time ago. I got so fed-up that I hopped off the car in the middle of the road and walked to my Yoga class oblivious to the loud honking from the cars... they must be cursing this crazy woman in the middle of the road!!
After two hours, I got home. Showered, had a sandwich for brunch and then popped out to a blissful 2-hour facial (errr... stuck in the jam on the way there, of course!) and then to my waxing salon, to the supermarket to get groceries for tonight's dinner. Got home. Gave instructions to the maid (Yes. She did come back this morning... otherwise, I might have to postpone my trip) on dinner, and then pop out to the Factory Outlet on the way to the boys' school. Didn't manage to buy anything. Was supposed to look for a hat and perhaps a sweatshirt or two. Saw a Nike Sweatshirt which was only USD 8 but it was a bit dirty. Oh well...

From there, went to McD's to grab a burger and nuggets for the boys' snacks before zooming to their Mandarin Class. Dropped them off and then proceeded to the mall to buy a spare mobile phone - Need it so that mom can have a local number when she comes tomorrow. Yup. Boys' grandma will arrive tomorrow afternoon... to help with babysitting/supervising the boys while H and I are away. Before you go "Another Holiday??". No it is not a holiday. Okay...maybe HALF-holiday for me. But it is a WORKING trip for H. We are off to Helsinki.... It is a look-see trip for me since I have not been. Need to check out the place and see if I can actually live there.

Tomorrow will be another busy day... Chiropractic Appointment at 9 AM (Yup. Still seeing him. Oh. Did I mention he is quite good loooking? hehehehhe), pick-up Laundryamah at 10 AM from her hotel, and then off to do our nails at 10.30 AM. I have to plonk her back to wherever she wants to be by 2 PM, leaving me enough time to get home, and to send the car to the airport to pick my mom at 4 PM. And since tomorrow is Chap Goh Meh.... will surely need to have a CNY's meal with Grandma at a restaurant in town!

Happy CHAP GOH MEH everyone!!

7 comments:

MeRy said...

Happy Chap Go Meh..

NomadicMom said...

Happy Chap Goh Meh!!!!

Bryan and Brandon's Mama said...

Happy Chap Goh Meh to you & your family too. You're right, I went "WAH ANOTHER HOLIDAY???". I like your busy days. I like having busy days. Lots of things to do. Can't stand it if I had idle time. Hate watching TV anyway. Try all those scandinavian food ok???

mun said...

Happy Chap Goh Meh! Have a safe journey to Helsinki!

bp said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bp said...

It's still 15th day of CNY here, so not too late for me to wish you Gong Xi Fa Cai!!! Have a fruitful, productive year, u n family, NM! keep busy, keep active as you always do n be blessed always by the company of loved ones and friends near n far!

Enjoy these visits from LAM n your mom. And all the best with Helsinki! Let us know how it goes!

NomadicMom said...

Bryan and Brandon's Mama - don't like to watch tv? Desperate Housewives, Brotgers and Sisters, House, Leverage, etc etc???

Mun - thanks. Here already. -18 deg C today!

Bp - thanks. It's cold but was surprised that it has blue skies. Maybe December and January is bad?

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker