Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Ignorant!

Who? Who is ignorant?
I am.
I always thought that "compression garments" are for women who wants a smaller waist. You know... those corsets worn by the Victorian ladies that has to be cinched tighter and tighter with the help of the maids of those days. Well. How wrong I was!
"Compression garments" are pieces of clothing that actually provides support! Quite the opposite of what I had in my mind, huh?
It is useful to people who has to stand for long periods of time, or people with poor circulation. Some athletes wear them for increased performance and reduced injuries. I should order some compression stockings online as I hear that they can prevent deep vein trombosis when travelling on flights. And yes. I do have a long flight coming up soon.... very soon...in less than 48 hours to be exact.

No comments:

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker