Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Belated Valentine's Day...


Late is Better than nothing! Maybe I am just saying that because I am hoping for a Valentine's Day gift from H?? What can he get me from INDIA?? A packet of papadoms, perhaps? Or maybe a few packets of tandoori spices? Hahahhaha...
Ya. Ya. He is in India now... but did wish me Happy Valentine's Day. Was surprised that he even remembered the day... for he is so blurr one. Or maybe because his boss was calling the wife 4 to 5 times?? My H actually said "he called his wife 4 to 5 times today, so thought I should also call you".
Actually, we have NOT celebrated Valentine's Day for donno how many donkey years. Think the last time was when he was still "CHASING" me back in Malaysia. Think we went to some restaurant up on The Mall, and as usual... the restaurant was dark and a stalk of rose were given as door gifts for lady diners. Other than that. I don't remember anything else.
Usually, the boys will purchase some candygrams at school during this time... Don't know who S1 buys it for, but S2 buys it and stuffs it all in himself! But this year, Valentine's Day was during the school's half-term, so no school means no candygrams. ----> Save money.
Valentine's Day really is just an excuse for businesses to make money. Roses cost more. Dinners at restaurants cost more. Teddy Bears cost more. Better wait till ONE day after Valentine's Day to celebrate Valentine's Day, ie TODAY!
Hahhahaha..
Ya lah. Ya lah. I am un-romantic. To add to the un-romanticism, we actually had BAK KUT TEH for dinner under BRIGHT BRIGHT lights.

4 comments:

mun said...

Hi Nomadic Mom, Happy Belated Valentine's Day to you too! Was it a nice surprise for you when your H called to wish you?

You are right, everything on V's day is so expensive so better be romantic any other day except on V's day. Eat bak kut teh, if got the big bone (dai kuat), one person can eat from one end, then both persons' lips meet in the middle, so can be romantic la! ;D

stay-at-home mum said...

HI N-M
Happy Belated V-Day. I too had my dinner under bright bright lights, and with the 3 kids and my MIL - thats for being married for 20 years :P

NomadicMom said...

Mun - I figured he wished me because his boss reminded him. Hahahah
Aiya...hubby in India lah. How to share one dai kuat?

SAHM - Maybe it's good to eat under bright bright lights! At our age, we probably need that to see what we are eating! hahahahah

mun said...

Cook again when he comes back lo!

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker