Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Enroute to Tallinn, Estonia!

Yup. Whilst the hubs slog at the head office, I go spend his money.
But you would agree, right?
Wife spend hubby's money is "teen koong, tei tou"!
Well, since I am supposed to see what living here would be like... I joined the hundreds if not thousands of Finns crossing the Baltic Sea to Estonia. From what I have heard, Finns crossover for shopping, spa and relaxation. If we move to Helsinki, maybe this will be my weekly haunt?? I supposed most shopaholics take the car on the ferry to load up on the shopping.

The crossing takes 2 hours and I have one more hour to kill. Thank goodness there is free wifi. Thus my single-finger typing on my iPhone to update this blog. So please excuse me if you see lots of typos.
Did I mention that the Baltic Sea is all frozen. Wanted to take a photo...but but...more about my stupidity below.

Anyway, I have a guide waiting for me over at Tallinn , for a tour of the places of interest and the old medieval center. Unfortunately, this stooooooopid scrapbooker forgot to load the fully-charged battery into her DSLR. So Bodoh. Really. Donno what the brain is doing! Seriously have to start using it, otherwise it is no different from a frozen brain that can be cut up and devoured! I actually left my hand-luggage at Starbucks, Jakarta Airport and went to meet H in the lounge, happily reading my book for quite a bit. Then when it was time to get to the gate, he asked me where was my bag and I went "I thought you had it". Waliow! Panick aje. I ran off to Starbucks. Thankfully it was still there. Otherwise, DSLR will be gone! *sigh*
Serious. Either Helsinki or Jakarta or God Knows Where, once we have confirmed where we will be, I need to do something that utilize my brain. Lest those brain cells will have no chance to rehabilitate.

On a lighter note, both H and I went to Kylie Minogue's Aphrodite - Les Folies 2011 Workd Tourat the Hartwall Arena here in Helsinki. Didn't even know she was performing until I was flipping through some magazines last Sunday (20 Feb) whilst having a drink with H over at Casa Largo @ Hotel Sokos that I saw she would be performing in the city on the 22nd of Feb. Thought it would be fun to attend. Went online and managed to get tickets. I must be really out of sync as I don't know half the songs...cause I am still stuck in the "I should be so lucky...lucky lucky lucky" era! The finale was pretty good. Fountains and Cirque du Soleil-like performance.
And Enrique Iglesias is performing here in April. I supposed the good thing about living in Europe is that all these performances are easily-reachable ... Everywhere is a short hop away.

What is the difficult thing then?
I will leave that for another post... After I've visited the Asian Grocery Store, Malaysian Embassy and the International School of Helsinki.

5 comments:

mun said...

Reading your blog will improve my geography. I have to google to find out where Estonia is. You so keng, one finger typing can type such a long post. Really lucky that your DSLR is still there and has not become someone's lucky find. I really enjoy reading about your adventures in Finland. Looking forward to more freezer stories.

bp said...

Sounds great, u have covered so much ground already! Does it look promising? sounds to me like YES, worth considering! Not just coz of the shopping or concerts lah ;) Down here we've gone down to -20+ C, so I can relate to the crazy chill!! But the kids somehow adjust to that better than us adults.

A quick reply to your bak kwa Q... I didn't know got to stir in one direction, so had just stirred it all up, around, like with marinating any meat. Should be ok?

Happy belated birthday to your S2!! He's a dragon baby like my eldest!

NomadicMom said...

Mun - my geography is also ma-ma-tei but I do remember Estonia getting their independence from Soviet Union many many years ago.
Ya. Lucky got back my bag otherwise donno how la.

Bp - it's okay la. Just got to get used to the cold, the ice, the snow, the no-sunlight! Went to the Asian grocery stores today. Very well-stocked so no oroblem. Now got to see how is the boy's school how

Kit said...

Estonia!!! I have a friend who is an Estonian although she lives in Canada now. It's quite an interesting country and culture...

You can blog really well with just one finger ;-)

NomadicMom said...

Kit - When you are bored to wits end, to keep yourself entertained, blog with the tongue also must lah. So finger is NO problem.

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker