Tuesday, February 15, 2011

It is TIME.....

For years, I have been saying that I should start doing something more productive and useful with my time. I pondered on a full time job... but being 'spoilt' as an expat wife, I want to have some free time to do 'fun' stuff during the weekdays too. Plus we currently live in a country where work permits for foreigners are hard to obtain. The next best thing, as suggested by my dear hubby is to invest in stocks online. I can do it anywhere, anytime ....as long as I have an internet connection.
What's great is that hubby will provide me with the investment funds and anything I make, I can keep! Woohoo!

It is TIME now.... for me to really get onto this bandwagon.

First thing to do is probably to have some guide on stocks. Yes. I know buy LOW sell HIGH but which company stock to buy? Certainly I need to know about the company, its industry, its financial health etc etc, right? And it certainly will do no harm to have the insights and tips of a financial guru. Perhaps on Forbes.com? For years, we have heard about the billionaires on Forbes list. Surely there will be great insights to be had on their website.

Second thing to do is to sort out my online brokerage account. The hubs was so kind to have set up an online trading account on E-TRADE, and put in the investment funds. But is E-TRADE the best? I was looking at the list of online brokers on this website mint.com. The site obtains the trading profile and will search for the best brokerage firm that suits my trading style. Sounds quite straight-forward.

The other thing that I need to do is to get my financials in order.....I need to have an application that will bring all my financial accounts together online, allows me to set budgets and would even give notification when there is an upcoming bill payment so that I can avoid paying late-fees. At the moment, I find that I keep paying late fees for one of our credit cards. That's a real bummer!

No comments:

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker