Monday, March 07, 2011

2.5 hour 'Third Reich Walking Tour'

As mentioned previously, the reason that H and I flew to Munich was because of H's work. So naturally, I had to find entertainment for myself while H is at work from Monday (28th Feb) to Wednesday (2nd March).

I went along on a 2.5 hour 'Third Reich Walking Tour' which costs Euro 12 per adult (10 Euros for student. The guide, an American living in Germany the last 37 years - was actually trying to make me say I am a student so that I can get the discount. Aiyo... I where got look like student or under-26?)

Anyway, tour started from Marienplatz, by Mary's Column...


New City Hall at Marienplatz

Then we walk walk walk... Errr.... history is one of my worst subject in school, though I paid attention to the guide at that tine, I forgot most of the things he said. I will try to remember the bits and pieces lah...

Hitler actually first came to Munich to be an artist...

This is the place where Hitler used as his backdrop for a postcard he sketched

Beer Hall (Hofbräuhaus) where Hitler made his first significant Speech

The Opera House (errr... can't remember what is the significance here. Oops!)

Theatine Church at Odeonsplatz
One of Hitler's March against ?? ended at Odeonsplatz.


Königsplatz - used as a field for the Nazi's Party's Mass Ralies

Nazi Party's Headquarters
(now the University's Music Dept)


Hitler's Office is through the Door

Close-Up of the Door

For a non-history buff, I find this tour to be quite interesting. Errr...with me re-telling it, I know it is far from interesting!

2 comments:

mun said...

You can be a matured student studying PhD. Thank you for all the photos and short explanation so I don't need to join this tour next time.

NomadicMom said...

Mun - aiyer... Lie to get 2 euros off. I figured I pay full price, then no need to tip lor..

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker