Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Princess Wanna-be???

Every little girl wants to grow up to be a Princess. I am wondering if deep deep down within me, I am still a little girl wishing to be a Princess waiting for my Prince Charming....
Why else would I dream that I was an adopted GERMAN Princess last night???
Or do you think it was an overdose of German Castles and Palaces?
Spent the whole day yesterday (Tuesday, 1 March) visiting the Royal Castles of Linderhof, Neuschwanstein and Hohenschwangau.
Yeah. 3 of them... But only went into the first two as Hohenschwangau still belonged to the royal family.
Neuschwanstein is of course the most famous of King Ludwig II's castles, being the inspiration for Disneyland's castle and was depicted in the musical 'Chitty Chitty Bang Bang'. Took some photos but they are no where near as nice as those postcards sold. But will post them up anyway when I get home to Jakarta.

This 10-hour sounds reasonable at 49 Euros, but add this and that.... Entrance fees into the two castles is an additional 17 Euros. Of course you can opt not to go in but go all the way, don't go in meh?... and there's the 6 Euros horse-carriage ride up to Neuschwanstein. Wei! 1.5 km walk uphill leh. Of course I wasn't gonna climb. And in winter, the bus which is less than 2 Euros doesn't operate. So what to do? Have to pay la. But walked down....since downhill is waaaaay easier.

Today...went to see another castle - Nymphenburg....outside only. Too lazy to even get down from the Hop On - Hop Off bus.
Think enough castles for the time being. The tour guide today was quite boring. I almost fell asleep in the bus while she was still talking. Saw all the main sites of Munich today - Olympic Park, BMW Museum etc etc. All didnt go in. Too lazy. Ya Ya. Supposed to do this tour on the first day...but I did the Third Reich (Hitler's Munich) Walking Tour on Monday. That tour was pretty interesting...probably because it was more like story-telling rather than babbling of facts.

I have to say Munich is a very pretty city. And the transport system is great. Unfortunately, H did not experience what the city has to offer. San-Chou-patt-Chou (early morning), he's out of the hotel to the office and comes back about 6 pm everyday. When I told him to meet me at Marienplatz (main city square...sure every visitor would know) yesterday for dinner, he was so blur. Donno how to take the train as he had been taking the taxi to the office all this time. So i had to come back to the hotel to meet him.

Anyway, we are leaving Munich this evening to head back to below-freezing Helsinki. As we flew in from Helsinki, Munich actually felt warm! Hahaha...

5 comments:

mun said...

Wah, sitting in a horse-carriage to a castle sounds so princessy. Have a safe flight back! Can't wait to see your photos.

CL said...

I have been here so long and yet I have not even been to the castles. I know that queue is mad during summer months... you are lucky that you were here at the right time, cold but sunny.

jacss said...

wei...lucky you lah...me dunno when i'll hv chance to see these castles in real, must be beautiful!! can't wait to see yr photos :P

Rose world said...

Munich is nice place, especially those beautiful buildings. Look forward to see your photos.

NomadicMom said...

Mun - Not princessy when it is shared with 11 other people, plus you know how horses smell!

CL - Yeah. I heard that it is very very busy in the summer. Unfortunately, when I was at Neuschwanstein, it was quite foggy...

jacss - think you google and see the photos, they are waaaaaaay prettier than my photos lor...

Rose - Errr... my photos not nice lor.

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker