Friday, March 04, 2011

Leaving Helsinki for Home

Time to go home after two weeks away.
I have to say that I am kinda glad as I was getting a bit bored of walking about by myself with H at work everyday. Only negative thing is that H is not going home with me. He still has a week of meetings here. And might have to stay a few additional days as his boss wants to have some team building activity that involves trekking in the snow!

This week in Helsinki has been quite warm. 2 deg C on average. I have to say warm because it is rather pleasant compared to last weeks -20 deg C. The downside is that the snow is starting to melt making the pavements all slushy. Yucky dirty brown slush....making walking around town rather unpleasant. So a tough choice of brain freezing cold or slushy pavements!

Okay la. Got to board my flight to Frankfurt now. Then change for a different flight that stops in Singapore before heading to Jakarta.

3 comments:

CL said...

have a safe flight home...

snowing is nice, but the melting of snowing is yucky!

mun said...

Difficult choice but I'll take slushy pavements over brain freezing cold anytime.

NomadicMom said...

CL - Thanks. Am home liow...
Melting snow is doubly yucky when the snow is dirty!

Mun - You are right! The brain freezing cold is rather uncomfortable, and scary as well!

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker