Monday, March 07, 2011

Viktualienmarkt, Munich

Viktualienmarkt is a market in the center of Munich. It is located a couple of minutes walk from Marienplatz. As with all shops in Munich, this market is NOT open on Sundays.
I think I am getting old... I really enjoy walking through the market, more so than through the departmental stores or designer stores. Yikes!

Pole (or what do you call this?) in the Middle of the Market

Flower Stall

Vegetable Stall

Fruit Stall

Chilli, Olives, etc Stall



Stall Selling Easter Decorations? Donno lah...

Cheese & Wine Stall

Myriad of Cheeses on Display
Honeeeeeeeey

Last but NOT least... PORK!!

Actually, the shops along the road from the market towards Marienplatz were all porky shops... sausages, meats, trotters, etc.... Vinzenzmurr which sells 'fast food'-type Pork Knuckles (at Euro 5.40 each!!) has a shop here.

11 comments:

mun said...

The market looks so clean and nice unlike our pasar tani.

sting said...

it's so colourful too! lovely walk I'm sure :-)

Mk mummy said...

that pole, something to do with May day... eh... not so sure the reasons behind this.. hehehe... I dont even know that Viktualienmarkt is opened on Sun...

BTW, to answer your question: Cooking and baking is a way for me to release my stress and tension, therapeutic to me and also I only make DIY dim sum once every few months..

wenn said...

wow, such neat market!

NomadicMom said...

Mun - eh...actually, I've not been to padar tani in Malaysia... But can imagine sure wet wet one.

Sting - have to say it was quite pleasant ;-)

Mk mummy - market closed on Sunday's...
I will try to find out for you...the reason this thing is erected there...

Wenn - too bad didn't buy anything there ler

Bryan and Brandon's Mama said...

Thanks for sharing. I love markets too!! At least now I feel like I'm THERE (like real!!)

NomadicMom said...

Bryan and Brandon's Mama - :-)
Loving markets mean growing old.... hehehehe

Kit said...

Ooh, I love the fruits!!! Did you buy some (or all) to try? They look so colourful.

I've only stopped over at Munich airport once :( Bleagh. Hope to go to Germany for a vacation one day! It looks beautiful.

NomadicMom said...

Kit - No lah. Didn't buy any fruits or anything from the Market. just had soup in the soup kitchen.
Bavaria is indeed very pretty!

Megan Brinkman-Lee said...

Lovely photos of the market as that is a must for my visit with my hubby next Wed (17th March).Also,we will be going to Salzburg for a day trip, as I know its a lovely city! With your lovely photos,I cant wait :)-

NomadicMom said...

Megan - yes. Munich is a nice and pretty city, and so is Salzburg. Bet you will manage to get lots of beautiful photos.

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker