Thursday, March 10, 2011

Day & Nite - All Mixed Up!

Yup! My body clock is all sc$&wed up! It's half-past midnight Jakarta time and I am still wide awake. Probably so because I woke up at 12.20 PM. I arrived into town on Saturday (5 March) and went to bed at a decent time of 10.30 pm. Next morning, was okay..no problem. Did have few episodes whereby I woke up in the middle of the night. Yesterday night, woke up at midnight and was wide-eyed till about 2.30 AM. And the whole time I was awake, I was contemplating if I should get up and blog. Hahaha...which I didn't la. Tried to get back to sleep but S2's flute music kept popping into my head and I was mentally humming those songs!
How come?
Well, S2 will be taking his ABRSM exam and since coming home, I had been grilling him to practise his flute. Mom said that he had only practise about 15 minutes everyday whilst I was away. How can?? Thus the grilling...but still only about an hour each day. Certainly a far cry from Amy Chua's 3 - 6 hour sessions! A bit susah with the flute as the little fellow (little indeed. My 11-year old is 29.5 kg only!!!) runs out of breath so can't force him to play beyond the one-hour. Really crucial to practise practise practise. The exam is in less than two weeks! And summore jump to Grade 2, bypassing Grade 1.
So until the exam is over, I will be mentally humming the music pieces!

Btw, mom (boys' grandma) left on Tuesday, 8 March on the morning flight. Hope she wasn't bored out of her wits here in Jakarta.
Thanks, mom for helping out with the boys!

4 comments:

mun said...

I think flute is more difficult to learn than piano.

Anonymous said...

B's taking the Grade 1 exam for violin. He only practises about 20 mins a day. I think Amy Chua, or whatever her name is, will tsk-tsk me until my ears fall off!! His exam is on 30 Mar and we'll be away from tomorrow for more than a week, so definitely no practice then!

Don't even know if can pass or not. Haha....

D

bp said...

All the best for S2's violin exam! guess he must be really good to have skipped grade 1. now he needs u to ask him to jiayou... NM style, nvm not like AC lah!

i hope your jetlag is better. it took me over a week to adjust, when we came back to the states from s'pore last summer. somehow the going there u just don't feel the time diff like u do the coming home, hor?

NomadicMom said...

Mun - yeah. Think I agree...though I don't play either. Flute, you need to BLOW and your fingers need to work simultaneously.

D - bring Violin along....

Bp - thanks but errr...it's the flute. Hope can pass ler!
Still recuperating from the jet lag. Really getting older that body cannot adjust quickly.

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker