Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Other Random Photos of Munich

H and I were only in Munich for 3 nights (27 Feb to 2 Mar). We stayed at the 4* Holiday Inn City Center. At first, was wondering why H's secretary booked this hotel as it was kinda expensive (lots of other 4* hotels at cheaper rate than this) at Euro 145/nite. But then found out that it is only 1.5 km to H's Munich office. Anyway, the S-bahn station is attached to the hotel building...so very very convenient... convenient to me, that is... as blur and lazy H took the taxi to/from office all three days.

Photos depicted here are in no particular geographical order... I just thought that I should post them as Munich is indeed a very beautiful city. I seriously wouldn't mind living in this city... except for the NEED to speak GERMAN, that is. GERMAN is a difficult language! (No. No. Munich is not a location offered to us....in case you are wondering)

Think this is for Fasching - the 'fun' carnival prior to Lent
(The departmental stores were selling all sorts of costumes)

Everyone needs a Beer Mug!


Statue near Marienplatz

Roman & Greek Antiquities Museum at Königsplatz


Some Plaque inside the New City Hall at Marienplatz
(depicting the twin cities, perhaps?)

Theatine Church



Olympic Tower


BMW Museum
(looks like some kind of spaceship!)

'New' City Hall at Marienplatz

Olympic Stadium


Riverside... so pretty!

Nymphenburg Palace


Some Church Tower near Marienplatz


The Bavarians love their Porkers so much.... that a statue is erected!

Beautiful Bavarian Costume
(Wanted to buy but it's quite expensive. Errr... on second thoughts, wait people think I am a bar-girl!)


That's it for Munich.
For photos of:
- the Third Reich Tour, go here.
- Viktualienmarkt, go here.
- Hofbräuhaus , go here.
The post about Munich's Asian Grocery Stores is here.
And for the Bavarian Castles Tour photos, go here, here and here. Accompanying blog post for the castle tour is here.
Errr... actually, doing this for my own benefit. In case my memory fails me, I can always look back at this post and go "Oh Yeah! Now I remember!!!"

5 comments:

Chew Lee said...

Bavaria traditional clothes are expensive.. they wear this very often, like during festive seasons not just bar girl..

mun said...

The costumes look more like milkmaid's clothes to me but I like the purple ones.

NomadicMom said...

Chew Lee - Maybe not in Bavaria...but in Jakarta, I will definitely look like a BAR GIRL lor.

Mun - Nice, right?
Kinda sexy *wink* *wink*

bp said...

haha, agree u will be 'mistaken' if u wear that in J! wise choice not to invest in them.

NomadicMom said...

Bp - hahaha.. Yeah lor

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker