Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Schloss Neuschwanstein, Bavaria

And from Oberammergau, we head off to Schwangau to visit the famed Neuschwanstein Castle. Again, you can read-up more on this castle here, and also to look at pretty photos of the interiors (again, photos were not to be taken inside).

From the ticket counters, one can either walk up to the castle (1.5 km walk UPhill) or pay 6 Euros for a horse-carriage ride. The cheaper 2 Euro shuttle service does not operate during wintertime. Lazy Nomadic Mom surely will pay for the horse-carriage ride lah!


Winter Wonderland View by the Castle


Some photos taken on the way down
(yes...I walked down. Easy lah... gravity helps!)
The Suspended Bridge near Neuschwanstein Castle
- Apparently photos taken of the castle from here are breathtaking!
No. I didn't go as the foot-path leading to it was closed. Although there were people climbing over the fence, I didn't want to risk it since I am alone. Skali I fly off the bridge and nobody even knows I am missing!

Neuschwanstein Castle - Scaled Model


Neuschwanstein Castle


.

When you are done touring the castle's interior and is ready to return back to 'base' (ticket counters, shops, hotels and Schloss Hohenschwangau), you can take the horse-carriage back down.


Wait here for Horse-Carriage!


And that's the end of the tour, folks!


Before I go, I want to leave you with a very very beautiful picture of Schloss Neuschwanstein that I BORROWED from Google Images (since my photos are not too appealing *sigh*). I actually bought a postcard depicting the exact image.....

Sooooo Beautiful, Right?

6 comments:

CL said...

beautiful!! Believer it or not, I have been here for more than 10 yrs and I have not been there... this year, must nag my man to bring me there...

NomadicMom said...

CL - Think Summer they say have 6000 people a day visiting.... Go early in the morning I guess.

mun said...

I like your photos better - like the look of the pale castle in the white, white snow. The other photo looks too bluish and the castle too colourful.

NomadicMom said...

Mun - You are too kind!!

bp said...

So fairy tale like n romantic also!

NomadicMom said...

Bp - but the castle was not completed. Apparently, King Ludwig Ii only lived there for 8 days before his death - which was shrouded with mystery. Construction halted the moment he died.

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker