Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Back to the Daily Grind...

Yup. After 4 nights away from hubby, kids and chores, it's back to the daily grind.
So much so that I actually went straight from the airport to the supermarket to get some groceries.
4 nights is waaaaaay too short. :-(
But better than nothing lah.
I had a great time. Eating, Drinking, Gossiping, Chatting, Sharing, Crying, Sighseeing, Spa-ing and of course LAUGHING. Lots and lots of it.
This is what to be expected from FOUR patt-pohs!

Never miss my annual girly holiday with my girlfriends from home. They flew into Denpasar an hour earlier on Friday (25th March), and waited for me at the Black Canyon Cafe over at the airport. Blur-Blur Nomadic Mom could not find the Cafe, and thought it was closed. Called the girls and had a loud "IT IS OPEN. WE ARE INSIDE" blurted into my ear. And when I reached the Cafe, I saw a table with 3 ladies and without bothering to look at their faces, I blabbered away.... And what do you know? It wasn't my friends. Hahahhahaha. They were all sitting INSIDE the cafe. You say lah. Blur or not??

Anyway, we stayed 3 nights in a budget 3* hotel (Puri Saron on Seminyak Beach because one of my gf had 2 nights FREE. This works out to be only RM 240 per person for the 3 nights. Needless to say.... budget means no-frills in the rooms. Though I did not get bitten by bed bugs, my pillows smelled funny and I had to have my sarong draped over them. The room also didn't smell too pleasant, and the shower rail design was rather odd such that when you shower, the toilet seats will certainly get wet. The service is so-so and they didn't really have enough deck chairs. The only plus thing is that it is located right on the beach. Luckily we spent most days out of the hotel....
Nope. Will NOT stay in this hotel again.

After 3 nights, two of my gfs left for home but CC and I stayed on another night. We moved to a nicer hotel in Tanjung Benoa - The Bali Khama. Have to say that this resort is sooooooo much better. The room smells good and so did my pillows. Everything was much better. It was of course more expensive lor. Prepaid a discounted non-refundable rate of USD 123 per night for the room a few months back. Compare this approx. RM 369 per room per night with our budget RM 160 per room per night. Sure 'yatt fann cheen, yatt fann for'.

I supposed the first 3 nights in the budget was also good.... allowed us to splurge in our culinary adventures.
Where did we go?
Friday Lunch @ Anantara, Seminyak with 'shaken not stirred' Lychee Martinis
Friday Dinner @ Jimbaran Bay for seafood (More for the ambience and environment rather than the food)
Saturday Lunch @ Gabah, Kuta for yummy Indonesian foods
Saturday Drinks @ The hotel's beach bar Saturday Dinner @ Chandi, Seminyak with very potent Sangria
Sunday Coffee @ Como Shambala, Ubud
Sunday Lunch @ Ibu Oka, Ubud for BABI GULING
Sunday Tea @ Ubud Hanging Gardens
Sunday Dinner @ La Lucciola, Seminyak (Lovely beach front views!)
Monday Lunch @ Bali Khama's poolside
Monday Dinner @ Tao for Thai food
AND today, Tuesday?? Errrr... McDonald's lunch at the Airport!!

More about my holiday later...

6 comments:

Chew Lee said...

so nice... girly holiday... i wonder when is my turn... haha.. now, I dont even have pak toh time... dream on lo...

mun said...

Wah, so much fun and food! You must have enjoyed yourself so much.

Anonymous said...

jealous jealous ... wait for me, I will definitely join u all in two years time ... ahahaha! Yes yes, I know I have been saying this every time, but no more babies!!
KL

NomadicMom said...

Chew Lee - Eh. You can always ask your MIL to babysit for a while maa.. Then you can go Pak Toh.

Mun - Yes. I did!

KL - You sure two years time you can join? Your No.3 will onl be 2 years old wor... But no worries, better late than never. But by then, our 'bitching' will gravitate from MIL to DILs ...hahahahah

Anonymous said...

Er......you expect to have a dil in TWO years' time?!?

D

NomadicMom said...

D - CHOI! CHO! CHOI! "Luer hau swey. Kong koh!"
I should be more specific. Knowing KL... she will be postponing 2 years later, and 2 years later, and 2 years later until it is time that our children all grown up and married lah!!

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker