Saturday, November 10, 2007

PaintBall Party

Took boys to a PaintBall birthday party today.

As S2 had been ill (fever and diarrhea) yesterday and didn't go to school yesterday, I told him NOT to go to the party as I didn't want him to be under the sun. As S2 couldn't go, he was disappointed, and thus verbally abused his older brother! Then H was like telling me to LET S2 go as well.

The paintball was not in a dedicated site, but in a playground that was retrofitted just for the party. The organizer brought their gear plus props like fake walls and such. The kids geared up with long pants, long shirt, mask and gun. The pants and shirt were sooooo huge. They used raffia string to hold up the pants.
S2 was sweating so much that his mask kept on sliding off, and thus kept on removing it. The policy is No mask. No play. So, S2 actually came out from the "Battlefield" 2 minutes from START. He was really sweating like a pig. Just as well that he didn't play...as he was the youngest. Most of the boys were 10 going to 11. Birthday boy was 11. One of the boys got shot on the neck, and it was bruised quite badly. S1's arm also bengkak abit.

Of course the boys had fun. Now..all the 10 year olds want to have a paintball party for their 11th birthday. But if so, will have to find a proper place...rather than make-do in a playground.
S1 - All Geared UP
S2 - All Geared UP
Is it a Bird? Is it a Plane? It's Superman!

Handsome boys all in a Row...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

wah so young ledi play paintball..i better not intro this game to Kieran cos he's already soooo violent!

eh..u really traffic jam until sot leow is it? i was there at the halloween party la...i also had a witch hat wei!

stay-at-home mum said...

I oso want to go to paintball party! Dont forget to invite my son when you host ah?

winniethepooh said...

that looks like lots of fun! ;P well boys will always be boys, anything that they can run around and 'shoot' at each other, they will be very happy doing it heheh ;)

NomadicMom said...

Laundryamah - You got come ar? I also kenot remember. Think really jam until sot leow lah... heheheheh..

Stay-at-home mum - If I host also not in Singapore wor..

WinnieThePooh - Yeah lor. Boys always like to "shoot" each other one lah. Sure have loads of fun when given a gun that can shoot paint pellets for real wor...

sting said...

wow! they have it for kids now? cool! am sure they had loads of fun :-) btw, got a tag for you at http://magicalmilestone.blogspot.com/2007/11/tag-my-proudest-moment.html

Anonymous said...

I crinch when I hear kids wanting to go to paintball parties.

My daughter wanted to go with some friends when she was about 16 but the thought of pain and bruises stopped her. My son came home with a big bruise.

To me, I feel like I would probably be hiding behind a tree or something 'sh.....ing' myself from fear that I will be hit. Hahaha.

I suppose your son felt good to be able to go even though he didn't really get in there?

NomadicMom said...

Sting - I think most places have a minimum age. But as this is a third world country, anything goes I guessed.

Okay..will check out the tag in a while.

NomadicMom said...

Judy - Yeah..after the party, all those boys also said that they want one for their 11th birthday.

And yes. Hurts alot one lah. Had a paintball team-building session a few years back. I got hit and though there was no bruise, it hurt. My girlfriend's bruise was bad man. All blue black and bengkak.

Actually, S1's arm had a little "ang moh lau" too. But he was still happy.

Yes. S2 was happy that he went, and did get all geared up. Must be really uncomfortable for him to decide to come out.

bp said...

What a lot of fun that must have been!


Count me in, too (when you host your party, and you are in the area)... my boys also wanna go!!!

NomadicMom said...

BP - Would love to invite your boys...But Missouri? Don't think we'll ever be posted there. Even if US of A, also would be Dallas, I think...

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker