Saturday, November 10, 2007

Sitoooopid!

This is backdated...been rather lazy for the last few days...and have been "pow-ing" my HK TVB series with H.

Anyway, I was very "maang" (irritated) on Thursday when I went to Carrefour for my grocery shopping. Normally, I try NOT to go to Carrefour, as it's always a madhouse. I don't know why.. but I always feel very suffocated halfway through my shopping at Carrefour. WHY do I go there this time? Aiya..had a looooooooong list, and my regular supermarket's trolley is rather small whereas Carrefour's ones are huge. (Not because it's cheaper...not really cheaper lor. The chinese soya sauce in my regular supermarket is about RM 4.50 and Carrefour is selling it for RM 6 leh...) This week, Carrefour was having some specials like buy 2 get 1 free, or buy 3 get 1 free. At the check-out counter, the cashier was quite unsure of what she was doing, and asked her supervisor on how to key the items in. So, of course I wanted to check my bill lah.

Me - I want to check the bill before I pay.
Cashier - If got mistake, you have to go to information counter.
Me - No. I want to check it before I pay. And if there are mistakes, sort it out here at the counter.
Supervisor - Okay.

So...cashier proceeded to scan / punch in the rest of the items. The final total came out, and I said I wanted to CHECK the bill. And the reply was that I MUST pay before I can see the bill. I insisted that if there are mistakes, they sort it out at the counter and not send me to Timbuktoo. And of course, the confidently said YES. Thought that there'll be no mistake.

When the cashier first fumbled, I instinctively knew that they WILL be mistakes already. So...true enough. I was overcharged for 3 times. They charged 4 entries of softener whereby there should only be 3. Ditto to my Floor cleaner. My Raid mosquito repellent also over-charged by 1 no. The pricing on the softener also salah! Of course I made noise lah. And guessed what? The cashier asked me to go to the Information counter which was at the other end of Carrefoure. I went BALLISTIC!

Me - Didn't I say LET ME CHECK first??? Didn't I say there would be MISTAKES? Why should I walk to the Information to sort out your mistake?? Didn't I say, do it here? And you said YES???

*Boiling*

Of course, then the cashier had to walk to the information counter to sort out the errors. And when she came back, also short-changed me, and my bill also cut into funny ways..WAAAA... i was soooo mad. I just babbled "I WANT TO SEE YOUR MANAGER NOW!"

She came and I was just ranting away lah. How could I NOT be? Because of their sitooopid mistakes, I had to wait for about 25 minutes extra okay!!! Told the manager that they should either blardy TRAIN their staff or set up their computing system in a better manner lah. Otherwise, what for advertise advertise BUY 2 FREE 1 when they CHARGE all 3 and PRICES all wrong one!???

And then some more..on the way home, the traffic jam was MEGA MEGA bad...and then I saw it..... the dreaded construction of the busway. In many cosmopolitan cities, a dedicated bus lane is much welcomed as it would encourage more to take the bus, ease traffic etc. BUT BUT BUT...in this traffic-laden city where the majority of the roads are sooooo narrow, a dedicated busway is not the best solution. And what is even MORE SITOOOOOOOOPID is that the entire busway is only for buses from ONE company. YUP! You heard me right. One PRIVATE company. Where in the world, would there be such a thing so sitooooopid?? All other buses are supposed to squeeze into the other available lane with cars, trucks and taxies etc etc. YOU SAY GILA or not??? At least ppl "ciak ci-kua" in other countries also will see proper development,...but here...waaaa.."ciak dui" until kelam-kabut. This busway really SITOOOOOOPID!!

6 comments:

Leena said...

i experienced that before. well, i was overchanged 60cents, but heck, i'm gettin it back. advertise one price, charge another price. sick!

NomadicMom said...

Shern's Mom - Yeah.. d@mn sien lah.. Not only charged higher price than advertised, also charged for additional items some more. Total amount that they overcharged was about RM 13/-. Of course I scream lah...

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, cool down already or not?

Sometimes I am in such a hurry to get out of there, only to come home and find that there is a mistake in the price. By then, one phone call, drive back, forget it.

My husband checks the scan one by one as they go through so that he picks up the mistake there and then. That is only when I am with him because if he is alone, he has to pack the items into shopping bag himself.

I need to learn your style hor. Ask to check before paying but then the cashier may scold me and tell me to take a slow boat back to China cos I am in kwai-lo land.

Luckily your car got air-cond for you to cool down. :)

Anonymous said...

Wakakakak..I do know what you mean. A real drag when the cashier is as bodoh as a cow. Luckily the carrefour I go to is quite efficient. Well-trained...but me thinks, they kena scolding many times by customers before..that's why so experienced now.

Plus..I go early in the morning..that way, no queue..not much confusion.

Wah...the buslane..abit too much la. How can the council allow it to happen? Must be major bribery leh..

NomadicMom said...

Judy - Definitely cool down liow..on the Carrefour issue, that is. The busway one...that one really difficult lah.. Crazy jams everywhere now lah. D@mn cialatt!

The thing with the Carrefour one, I wasn't sure what type of computing system they used. They could have programmed it such that for those buy 2 get 1 free items, you scan all 3 items, and automatically the third one is zero-ed. Or if they system is more lau-yah, then the cashier must be told to just scan 2.

But you know..for bodoh cashiers, Carrefour is such a BIG company,they should just invest in SMART programming lah...

I know what you mean about getting scolded by the cashiers in kwai-loh land...but I find in Australia is more cialatt than UK leh.

NomadicMom said...

MOTT - Aiya..friend..I went in the morning lah. Some more she like duh-duh like that.

As for the busway...really "kik sei yann" lah. I tell you..the traffic is already bad liow, somemore build this stoooooopid busway for one bus company. Make everything kelam kabut.

What council?? Ciak-duit like no business like that!!

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker