Friday, October 19, 2007

Another Cha-Pa-Lang Post

S1's Bruise
Here is a picture of S1's bruised palm from Tuesday's Ice-Skating outing. Doesn't look that bad lah... His belly one..too dark lah, cannot see.




Update on FIL
H just called to inform that his father had done the angio and the balloon stent simultaneously. Could hear that he was smiling when he said "doctor says with this heart, he will live forever"... I am glad to hear that H is more himself today. BTW, he is away on business since yesterday, and it was rather difficult when we were "arguing" over the phone over my "unconcerned" attitude. Anyway, all is well now....

Feeling Sien
Lately, have been feeling rather sien. My sis kept on asking if I am pregnant. Well, the answer is a BIG FAT NO! My P came yesterday... My moods are also not very good lately....blowing up at the kids, and S1 would be upset and would be screaming back at me with "it's just a small matter. Why are you freaking out and screaming???". But it's the little things that accummulates and gets to you. Do you know what I mean? I am trying to control by not starting the day with shouting...but when the bus is at the door, and the boys are still dragging their feets looking for storybook, for socks or whatever, you say you shout for them to hurry up to the bus or not???


Pineapple Tarts
H has been bugging me about making pineapple tarts for the last 2 months. And I've been putting it off forever. Since I've upset him yesterday with my "unconcerned" attitude, I baked a batch of pineapple tarts today as a "pou-seong" (compensation). Made the mistake of following the recipe without tasting the pineapple first. The pineapple was ripe and sweet. So, with the addition of sugar as per the recipe has resulted in OVER-Sweetness. But overall, am quite pleased with the results. But could be better lah.

Friend T Over
S1's friend T is over at our place now. He will be sleeping over tonight. Boys are all in the pool now, and I have to sit here to supervise them. See S2's head in the pool?

4 comments:

bp said...

Your pineapple tarts look great! Glad that things are well between you and your hubby, and your FIL is doing better. I know what you mean that little things do get to us, and especially the dawdling that I also cannot ta-han when we're already running late!

*hugs* and you have a good weekend now!

NomadicMom said...

bp - Hi! Thankss. You have a good weekend too!

stay-at-home mum said...

Wow! Your house got swimming pool.Your son can make chicken pies. I so jealous. And your pineapple tarts look really good.

NomadicMom said...

SAHM - Aiya..most expat houses here have pool lah. My son ASSEMBLES chicken pies oni lah. Pineapple tarts look good but could be better. Need to find a pastry recipe that is more crumbly.

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker