Thursday, October 11, 2007

Chicken Pie?

.....More like Chicken Sai!!!

Another BOO-BOO by my maid today.

Showed her how to make chicken pie the other day. And she confidently said that she knows how to make it, and proceeded to do it. She has the recipe with the measurements right in front of her. When I checked on her. She said that it was difficult to make the dough. I asked if she put in the water already. She said yes. I was also scratching my head as to why the whole thing was so dry. Then something caught my eye....the whole new 1 KG bag of flour was EMPTY! The recipe calls for only 500 g....BUT she has used the WHOLE packet of flour. Of course cannot jadi lah!! And you know what she said? She said she didn't look at the recipe!!! Waaaaa....think she sooooooo expert that she don't look wor!! How like that?

I was not mad. In fact, I was still rather smiley when I gave her a lecture.... like how I lecture my sons. Hahaha.. think she also thought that I was MEGA cheong-hei. It's her lost. Actually. I think she was also rather disappointed that she made such a BOO-BOO. Because I told her that she could take half a dozen of pies back to her son when done. What did I lecture her about?? Wah...lots lah...told her that it's for her own good to learn extra skills, to upgrade herself so that she can demand more pay in future, blah blah blah... that she is already earning more than most maids of similar skills....etc etc...

So how? Told her to throw away her mess lah. I would have to make it myself.... no flour some more... Got to go out and buy... No driver today and for the next few days... So, H be my driver lah!!!




6 comments:

bp said...

Oops, but I'm sure yours will turn out great.

My Rantings said...

Hehe...don't be so lou hei! Demo lah how you make your chicken pie. :D

NomadicMom said...

bp - Just finished making the pie. Got S1 to help out. Don't look great though!!!!

Dancing Queen - You mean demo here or demo to maid? Already showed her how to do it twice liow leh...

Mamapumpkin said...

Hehe....aiya.....sometimes these maids damn blur one. Dreaming....

Hope the pie was good in the end. Doesn't matter what it looks like as long as it tasted great!

Anonymous said...

My latest maid is from some island called Flores in Indonesia. I think she is nuts.

Yesterday morning i thought there was a burgler in the house. It was only her in my bedroom at 4am putting away the folded clothes. Then last night as i was sitting by my bedside at almost 11pm she walks in greeting me with a very loud 'Hallo Bapaaaaa' and making me jump, proceeding to collect the dirty laundry.

Now i will never be able to lie around in my undies.

NomadicMom said...

Big Pumpkin - Pie is good! :-) But like my H says...cannot "kin yann" one...hahaha

waddafak - Aiya... Your maid trying to attract you is it?? Come in at 4 am...maybe purposely want to wake you up, and "service' you leh??? So, if you "sayang" her already...then maybe she no need to become maid liow...

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker