Monday, October 01, 2007

Striving to be Pals...

....with my kids, especially S1 at this stage.

One thing good about S1 is that he doesn't hold his grudges against me even after a LOUD YELLING session from me. At that moment, of course he'll be angry and cry and perhaps yell back. But he cools down and behaves as normal pretty quickly too. Much much faster than I. This is actually a really good thing. I've seen other kids holding grudges at their parents for a long long time, refusing to speak or acknowledge their parent. Therefore, I have to be thankful in this sense, as it enables us to kiss and make-up easily.

Despite our recent shouting matches, and my nagging with regards to lost lunchboxes (AGAIN!!!), S1 was in a pretty jovial mood this afternoon. He was anxious to have a chat with me..... Some of the things that he told me today:
  • Why the Aegean Sea was so-named (long story about Theseus, Minotaur and the King of Crete)
  • He wants to write a book about "Guide to Space Travel"
  • He is getting some training to be a Junior Librarian @ School
  • His friend T does not want to wash his hands because he touched the girl he admired last week.
  • He doesn't fancy the Korean girl anymore, as she talks way too much. As per his words "she can out-talk me to death!". According to him, she is only one step away to be as talkative as S2. Heee heee :-D
  • The couple in High School Musical are IN LOVE in real life too.
  • Description of land mines
  • He wants to take up fencing (???)
It's good that he still wants to talk to me, yeah??

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

aiyah .. where got kids do not speak to their parents one lar ..

don't worry lar ... how also at the end of the day, we will talk to each other :)

NomadicMom said...

Wei... GOT lor!! You just never see before leh...

Anonymous said...

ok .. :)
so kids sudah tidur ?

NomadicMom said...

Yeah. Put them to bed at 8.30 PM on school nights.

stay-at-home mum said...

Wah! Time to go out and celebrate - it's a good thing that he wants to talk to you. Better keep the communication going. Trouble starts when the talking stops!

Anonymous said...

hehe...I was one of those kids who have cold wars...MUA HAHAHAHAHH!

The longest was 1 week! What BLISS!!! MUA HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Just glad that ur kid doesn't hold grudges..he obviously doesn't think the fight was a FIGHT! But...boys/ men are like that...not as petty, somehow!

I hope he doesn't know that, that girl in HSM appeared nude on the net!!!!!!!!! WAKAKAKAKAKAAAK! That'll make his eyes ROLL and stir something in him!!

NomadicMom said...

Stay-at-home Mum - Yeah. Good that he still wants to talk to me... But unfortunately, my yelling session doesn't seem to stop leh!! Had another session today. How? How How?

Mott - Waaaaaa ONE WEEK? That's rather long. "pui fook" man!! Yah. Think the male species not as petty as us. Definitely!
Huh?? naked on the net??? Mmmm.... I wonder when I have to start to KETUK their surfing content!

bp said...

Yes, so wonderful that he tells you his latest interests, crushes included! That's really special a bond you have there, becoz there are kids who do not talk such things with their moms.

NomadicMom said...

bp - Yes. I have to be thankful. He still comes and hug me in school whereas his friend T would hide when he sees his mom.

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker