Sunday, October 21, 2007

Fashionista!!!!

How often does one get invited to an 8-year old's Birthday Party at the Grand Ballroom at the GRAND HYATT??

When S2 brought back the invitation card for a FASHION Birthday Party, and said "Fashion is for GIRLS! I don't want to go".... I was quick to say "Noooooooo....we will go!!!". It was definitely a first for me!!! Sorry lah...very sann-par (country bumpkin).

Some of my friends decided not to go as they didn't want their "normal" kids to demand for such birthday parties, i.e. to be held in grand ballrooms and such. I summore confidently told my friends "Aiya...our kids won't ask for such parties one lah..." As it is, after the party, S2 did say that he wants to have a party in a hotel. HeeeHeee More about that later.

Happily, I trot off with S2 to the party with my camera in hand. When I whipped my camera out, I found that I've forgotten the memory card. ALAMAK!! So have to use my camera phone.

As usual, there was a reception table at the entrance to the ballroom for guest sign-in. As ALL birthday gifts are to be donated to the orphanage, guests could purchase milk powder and stationary to be given as donation. I didn't bring a gift, so bought some items to be donated.

Each kid were given some vouchers... for Photo, Make-Over and Glitter Tattoo. S2 and I posed for the photo which came out as the "Cover of Elle Magazine". Quite nice. Of course S2 didnt use the make-over voucher. He did get a "dagger tattoo".

And models wannabes can register to take part in the Modelling Contest, and will be given a number.

There were also games for the kids to play, and they would get tokens that can be exchanged for prizes.

The highlight of the Party was the Modelling Contest and a Fashion Show. The Fashion Show showcased designs by the 8-year old birthday girl. Yup! You heard me right. She designed some clothes that were then tailored and modelled by some selected kids.

Food-wise...there were loads. There were local delicacies, teppanyaki, pasta station, kiddie section, ice-cream section, dessert section and a chocolate fountain too.
View of the Ballroom
(see the catwalk in the centre??)

Vouchers for the Make-Over and Tattoo

Flower Arrangement @ Our Table

Model Strutting down the Catwalk

Beautiful Cupcake Trio


On our way home after the party...

S2: My party... I'm going to have fashion show for the girls and then for the boys blah blah blah..

Me: And where are you going to have it?

S2: In the hotel lah..

Me: Do you see a machine in the Office upstairs that goes ka-ching, ka-ching and money comes out from it?

S2: Errr...No. But I have ALLOWANCE!

Me: Your allowance of USD 1 a week? One year is 52 weeks, which gives you USD 52/-. I don't think that is going to be able to rent the ballroom. Errr...in fact, I don't think that we can rent a table in the hotel.

S2: Yeah. Yeah... I know. We are different. We are the same but we are different. They are richer...blah blah blah...


Then we went on talking about CHESS. He got a chess set from the party.

Me: I don't know how to play chess.

S2: Why? Because chess is a men's game?

Me: Not exactly a men's game. But I think men are more interested in Chess than women are.
S2: WOMEN are just interested in...SHOPPING! ...And going to the malls...... And drinking coffee!

Hahahahah... That does sound like us WOMEN, yeah??

9 comments:

WMD: Wife, Mother, Daughter said...

Men are also more interested in CHEST than women.

stay-at-home mum said...

Hey, both my kids LOVE chess. let them learn, there are some chess schools around. Its more of a boys game, where they capture. conquer and win. Keeps them quiet and glued to chess the chess sets for hours, and us free to do what we want.

Anonymous said...

hahaha .. terror lar your anak's friends .. grand birthday party :)

mommy of 3 angels said...

wah mega do man!!! i also want to go hahahaha.

yes the dream cream is from lush.

My Rantings said...

Haha.. your son is just so funny! :D

NomadicMom said...

WMD - When you mentioned CHEST, I thought I had a typo in my post. Actually went back to check it. Hee hee.. I supposed anything that sounds remotely like CHEST, guys will be interested in??? hahahahah

SAHM - Yeah. Think it's good for them. Makes them think about strategy. S1 was taught by his good friend T. (Importance of the RIGHT friends!!)And S2 is just learning. His dad was teaching his last night. :-)

Misha's Mum - Classmate lah. The locals that go to International School are MEGA Rich lah. It's always the locals that have GRAND birthday parties.

MommyOf2Angels - Did I mention that there were PROFESSIONAL VIDEO CAMERAMEN and MC??????

Dancing Queen - Have to say that he does make me laugh at times! :-D

Anonymous said...

i better don't let Misha see this post .. otherwise .. sure .. she also wanted a bday in a hotel hahaha ...

Anonymous said...

warao how can u forget ur memory card one??? i dare not imagine how grand it's going to be if it's the bday girl's wedding...

NomadicMom said...

Misha's Mum - Can have birthday in hotel... go to the restaurant and eat as a family lor.

Laundryamah - Aiya... I took the memory card out to transfer some photos and then left the camera to charge. So...just grab and go lah. Wedding? Still looooooong way leh. But surely very "kua-cheong" one lah.

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker