Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Weird...

My maternal grandfather just passed-away. Some friends and relatives have called to offer their condolences. I find that I don't know how to respond to their condolences other than a simple "thanks". I feel weird rather than sad, because I hardly know my grandfather. When I spoke to my mom, she was sobbing away.... and my sis says she is a little sad. Me? Other than feeling worried about my mom, I really have no other emotions. Again, am I a cold heartless b!t#h? In my whole life, I have only met him twice face-to-face....the last time when I was about 8 years old, I think.... Anyway, will not be going back to KL for the funeral....very complicated. Well, could go on and on, but I will not.

May he rest in peace....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

May your maternal grandfather rest in peace.

How come you don't know your grandfather very well? Was it because you left home very early to study?

Come to think of it, I used to go to my paternal grandfather's house all the time but he was rather stern and hardly knew all his grandchildren. I don't think he knew our names. When he passed away, I too felt nothing but then again, I was only 12 or 13. Strange?

I hope your mum is ok.

NomadicMom said...

You know how it is with "OUT with the OLD, and IN with the NEW" ?

My grandmother is the FIRST wife, and he got himself a SECOND one....and of course, somehow NEW one always get the favours of the man, right?

The rest...you probably can imagine lah...

Anonymous said...

i was wondering how u wud react and on that day itself or the day after I didnt see u update anything on his death until today...i'm surprised ur mom was sad....sigh...i guess no matter what he's still the man who contributed to her existence hor...

NomadicMom said...

Laundryamah - You know what? She went to the house, but they told her NOT to go in. Kept on asking her to pay her last respects in the temple, and say that THAT WOMAN might cause a commotion blah blah blah. ANyway, my mom said that she already did her duty to go, and it's them who denied her to "chong heong".

NomadicMom said...

Laundryamah - So... we all are not going to the funeral lah. What for? Right?

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker