Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Arghhhhhhhh

Yesterday was just not the day for my maid. She kena soooo many times from me.

I was clearing up the study room, and I saw that she has literally chucked everything into the cabinets. Definitely not in an organized way. As a result, everything was everywhere. And when I tucked at one thing, the rest of the cabinet's contents all fell on me. Of course I was not a happy girl. Called her in to tell her (No. I was not screaming. Just informing her in a nice sensible way) to NOT do this again. When in doubt, ask me where to store things. Not just dump things into any cabinet.

Whilst still on my cleaning spree, I wanted to stow the toolbox into the store under the stairs. Opened the door...Waaa...like World War Three like that. My golf bag was opened. Some of my clubs were strewn over the floor. The boys' badminton bags and rackets were literally all over the floor. Looks like she just opened the door, and throw in all the stuff. Of course, i called her in again lah. I mean I don't need a maid to "throw stuff into storage", right? I could do that!! Again, told her to stow the things properly. There are hooks in the store and she should use those to hang the badminton bags, rackets and my yoga mat. That would free up so much floor space. Also told her to stow my clubs properly lah...not just throw my clubs in.

Still on this subject, told her that she should WIPE WIPE WIPE the furniture in the house. Not wait till there is a layer of dust, and me having to tell her to do it. H was moving one of the standing lamps from the dining to the living room the day before, and he was appalled that the thing was covered with thick layer of dust! Everytime, I have to tell her to wipe this to wipe that. Well, also asked if she wants me to get another maid to share the task. And if yes, I will have to CUT her pay, and my tolerance level for dirt will be zero. I can still close one eye with one maid. With two maids, I have ZERO tolerance level. Everything must be perfect lah.

Okay, then come dinner.... Earlier, I told her to parboil the jiaozi and then pan-fry them. When I came down to the kitchen, she has parboiled my jiaozi until it looks like "sai" like that. Most of the skin was almost falling off, and worst, she dumped all the jiaozi in the colander and they were all sticking together. I was really sooooooo upset that I went ballistic and starting ranting lah. Got sooo fed-up that I told her to get out of the way, and I COOK dinner. (Kids and hubby ate happily lah....I cook one, taste better wor....)

And later that night, I was already comfy in bed...getting ready to watch telly with H...and then the phone rang. It was for the maid lah... And that meant I had to go all the way down to call her. I don't like to use the intercom, and H was like saying "no need to call her". Aiya..but I did lah. I told the caller not to call this late next time, and she replied that she is the sister. I don't care sister or what...calling at this time is an inconvenience to me!! Anyway, when I handed her the phone, I told her to stop ppl from calling her at this time of the night.

Well...when I told my friend, she said "aiyo...you scold your maid so much, after she don't want to come back after the holidays!". Don't come back also I cannot do anything what. The fact of the matter is that even after working for one year for me, she is still doing silly things...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes these maids can be slow learner, I think or maybe they are like passive aggressive, purposely dowan to learn because if make dunno then hopefully their employer will be so frustrated that they (the employers) will do those things themselves. But dunno lar as I've never had a maid before.

Anonymous said...

How old is/are your maid/maids?

The one that 'stack' things in the cupboards sounds young because only kids (like mine) throw things in anyhow and everywhere.

Maids from where? If Indo maids, their cooking skills is zilch and one has to train them slowly.

My sister in law used to do the cooking initially in front of her maid and slowly released few dishes at a time to the maid. After few years, expert liow. :)

Sometimes, easier not to have maid hor.

Anonymous said...

when u said move I COOK that's when she celebrates silently!!!

Anonymous said...

I know exactly how you feel when you saw your stuff in a mess in the cupboard. My maid did the same thing and I got real MAD! How can they be so sloppy? That is not due to stupidity, just sheer laziness which I really cannot tolerate. *pat pat*. I can empathise with you ...
KL

stay-at-home mum said...

My maids leave everything where they see it - they dont even keep it until I tell them - they sweep around it, mop around it and walk around it. Vomit blood! Guesss maids are all like that - they try to get away with whatever they can! Which I guess is human nature - people try to chiak chua (Skive!).

Sweet Jasmine said...

Hi..swing by from shern's mom...my present maid has been giving me the same problem...shoving everything into the wrong places...driving me up the wall...while looking for something that could not be found...!!

Anonymous said...

have maid also difficult . no maid also difficult :)

NomadicMom said...

Firehorse - I donno about my maid leh.. Sometimes I see that she has the initiative to come and help me do stuff eventhough I didn't call out to her, eg when I am gardening or baking. Think she wants to learn...but just being "THICK"!!

Judy - Only one maid now. She's in her mid-20s. Yes. Cooking skill was zero. Have been training her to do simple stuff like grill, fry and stir-fry lah. Some things she can do quite well, but some things, it's like "old habits die hard" like blanching my broccoli to oblivion!!!

Laundryamah - I don't think so...cause I was so "maang" that I accidentally flung some oil onto the floor. And she's got to clean that up lor..

KL - Yeah lah... easier to throw in than to PUT things in ORDER. Like I said, THROW IN I also can leh..

SAHM - Hahahah... Okay, at least mine don't really sweep and mop around it lah. Got pick up, but put it back where she found it...Rather than put it away at the right space.

Sweet Jasmine - I know how frustrating that can be....at least now, I get the boys to clean their own toys. Previously, I go GILA when I find figurines in LEGO boxes etc etc.

Misha's Mum - Can't live with them. Can't live without them.

Mamapumpkin said...

Aiyo...can vomit blood. *sigh*

You need to find her weak spot. Is she really blur or is she being smart??? If really blur, then not much you can do except remind, remind, remind....and treat like kid. Take away favourite toy when do wrong. But if smart, DON'T GIVE IN! Make her Do, Do, Do until correct.

NomadicMom said...

Big Pumpkin - Think she is NOT that smart...but think she is smart??

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker