Monday, October 08, 2007

Fishiessss

These are the fishes that S2 caught (don't ask me how) at Saturday's party.
We brought back 7 fishies at 5 pm, by 8 pm....... H came upstairs after his smoke in the terrace and announced "we have a confirmed floater!". I've just put them in my blue & white bowl with NO oxygen bubbles. See how long they will survive... Previously, did have a proper tank with filter and pump, but it was such a hassle that I gave the whole thing to my maid.

On a different note, we have been asked to look after friend's pet rabbits whilst they are away. At first I said YES, but then I forgot that my maid will NOT be around during the holidays. Don't want to be cleaning rabbit sh*T on top of my household chores. Friend would still have their security guards looking after their house...so they could look after the bunnies. I'll just pop by to see that they are all okay, and have not become BBQ dinner....hahahha.. Friends are a little scared to leave the bunnies solely to the guards because the last time, the hired help ate up their koi. T came home, opened up the fridge and saw his pet, scaled, gutted and ready to be cooked!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wanted to laugh about the koi being cooked for dinner but I refrained cos I might sound cruel.

To be honest with you, when I was a teenager, my dad had loads of kois and each time one dies, our maid will cook it. Only my dad and the maids will eat it.

I tried a mouthful but could not get myself to swallow. :(

How are the fish? Still alive?

Anonymous said...

Koi got cooked, errr i din even know koi can be eaten wan.

Anonymous said...

yerrr koi can be eaten meh? warao! eh u belum do my tag leh!

NomadicMom said...

Judy - I also didn't know that koi can be eaten one leh...How does it look like after it is scaled?? The orange colour still there one or not?? As for the fishes, don't think they replaced with huge koi after that incident. There still are fishes in the pond, but kecil ones lah..

Firehorse - Steamed koi TeoChew Style anyone???

Laundryamah - Sorry lah.. Lazy lah.. Will do the TAG soon. Promise you by this week. Okay??? :-x

Anonymous said...

Once steamed, the colour is lost. It't meat is really quite bitty not like fish such as cod which is very much together.

My dad said it has an earthy flavour when he first ate it. I don't know if Koi can be eaten but because they are so expensive, my dad didn't want to just throw it out. :))

NomadicMom said...

Judy - So looks like "normal" fish lah, huh? I guessed it is kinda weird to eat your pet!!

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker