Thursday, October 18, 2007

Indifference

I probably will be chastised or cursed by writing this post....

My SIL called to inform that my FIL had a heart attack and has been admitted to the ICU. She called me because she couldn't get H. So, I called H later. But his sis managed to inform him prior to my call. H was upset that I didn't sound "CONCERNED" about his father.
Before anyone starts screaming "EVIL DIL"......
I do not have any relationship whatsoever with my FIL. My PIL are divorced, due to third-party intervention. Know what I mean?
Well, sure... I knew FIL before H and I were married. But that was "Hi uncle. Bye. Uncle". Yup. That was it. And after my PIL's divorce, I absolutely did not see nor talk to my FIL. No. He was not invited to our wedding. So...in short. I don't really know this man leh.
The only CONCERN that I have is for my husband, as to how he is taking the news. Rather than for my FIL per se. Sorry...lah. Call me evil or whatever..
And somemore hor...when my SIL went to see him, he was like "no money for medical. pei ngor sei lah. pei ngor sei lah". Geez!!! He is one lucky man whose children still cares for him, and they are going to foot his bill lah. I could go on but think I should stop now lah...
*sigh* got some expiring paid post to do summore...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

:( don't think too much lar ...

Mamapumpkin said...

I hear you.

Anonymous said...

ah.. hope ur hub and FIL is ok. U not evil DIL la.

NomadicMom said...

Misha's Mum - Actually, didn't sleep well last night...analyzing if I am indeed horrible!! Must not think!!

Big Pumpking - Thank you for hearing!

Mott - FIL is fine from what I heard. H is happier. Thanks for saying that I am not evil!

Anonymous said...

well as the saying goes, blood is thicker than water, no matter what he did in the past..he's still their father...

NomadicMom said...

Laundryamah - You can say that again! Bet my MIL will be upset when she finds out that they are all talking to him and being friendly to the "other" person!!!

Leena said...

pei ngor sei lah.. i had to re-read it over and over to get the meanin.
don't let all this silly conflict come between you and H. talk it over.

NomadicMom said...

Shern's Mom - "pei ngor sei lah" is in cantonese. Means "Let me die" lor. What to talk about? I just don't feel the same way as he does about his father. My feelings cannot change one lah..

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker