Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Kids, Their Antic and Words....

Starting Young...
At dinner on Monday nite, S1 suddenly said "my friend S and his girlfriend, P went to a quiet place and then they kiss. His pals, stood outside like knights like that to guard the door, while they kiss!". Can you imagine? Both S and P are 9 going to 10 or maybe 10 already. I asked if he was one of the "guards" and he said "No. I was not around". H was like..."Aiya! How can you be the guard? You should be the one kissing the girl inside!". And then H looked at me and said "Lei sei ler... give you one more year the most!". Meanwhile, my S1 was happily grinning, and telling me more about his friends while chomping down his food. So, my solace for the time being is that he is still baby-ish and not yet ready for this kissy-wissy stuff. One more year is better than tomorrow!

Mince Beef with Potato Pastry Crust
I made this tonight for dinner. H was not around (today is his weekly Pool League Night whereby he competes with other pubs in Pool) and called just after dinner to tell me about him starting on his game soon. S1 picked up the phone... I could hear him say "Hi! Are you on your way home now? .........Awwww... Err..just finished dinner.........mom made this pie which looks really UGLY but tastes good!.." Needless to say, I was made-fun off by H about my "food presentation skills". Didn't have enough pastry to cover the pie bowl, so had to streeeeetch the pastry, so got hole lor... Taste wise...so-so only lah. Didn't want to waste the tin of tomato puree so hantam all in instead of just 2 spoonfuls...

Normal Life?
Boys drank Yakult upstairs today (which they weren't allowed to), and some got spilled on the floor, didn't tell either me or the maid. Just left it there, walked and treaded all over the place. S1 blamed on S2 and vice-versa. Of course I screamed lah.. and one thing led to another, and ended up with S1 saying that I am UNFAIR cause I scolded him and not S2 blah blah blah, and then screamed "I just want a NORMAL LIFE". Waaaaa... So I said "okay. Define normal life!", and gave him a piece of paper to write down what exactly is normal life as he sees it. I laughed when I looked at it... it was almost exactly as what I want him/them to do except for the last three.. S1 wrote:
1) Have 3 rules - 1) don't touch iPod, 2) don't eat upstairs 3) wash hands after dinner
2) Sleep at 8.00
3) Wake up at 6.00
4) 30 minutes homework
5) 10 minutes reading each night
6) sometimes have light breakfast
7) have a smarter brother
8) have a brother who doesn't distract me

Cannot remember what else.. but I was prodding him to include "can watch tv whenever I want. Can play games whenever I want'...but he just shook his head and said "that's not normal!"... So, think my sons know what is right and wrong, normal and abnormal... Just difficult to adhere to the normal and rights.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a smarter brother? hahahah
he's very funny la
-mksy

NomadicMom said...

He's always calling S2 DUFUS... whatever that means...

Anonymous said...

how can u not know what a dufus is, u dufus!

v

NomadicMom said...

Yes lah. I am a dufus lah...

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker