Monday, May 14, 2007

Pheeeewww!!!!

What a RELIEF!!!! It's not Diabetes...

I have been dreading and delaying my visit to the doctor for my "thai kor kar" (Gosh! Think I have like 3 or 4 previous posts about my "rotten" foot and still see no ending yet)... I was afraid that the doctor might tell me "Sorry..you've got diabetes". AIYO!! Greatest nightmare! Like that, what also cannot eat. Kway teow cannot eat, yellow mee cannot eat, normal white rice cannot eat, and of course cakes and ice-cream and chocolates all cannot eat... Why diabetes? Cause diabetics usually have bad circulation in the extremities, i.e feet and wounds cannot heal blah blah blah..thus amputations in many cases....

Anyway, this morning..had to ngeh-ngeh-lai drag myself to the local SOS Clinic to have it looked at..as my right foot has been "awakening" me in the middle of the night with bad bad bad itches and even pain yesterday. Doc was a bit concerened that my right heel was like ROCK hard and discussions led to grandmother diabetic and mother having high sugar levels but not yet diabetic blah blah blah.. So, there, had a finger prick to check my fasting glucose levels... The result was 101 mg/dL which is way below the fasting level of 140 mg/dL.... So GOOOOOOOD News! But still must look after diet because of the possibility of hereditary diabetes...

So, am put on anti-histamine medication for night time and some Nerisona Fatty Ointment... Hopefully will clear up within two weeks...

2 comments:

LHS said...

glad to hear nothing serious there..
you take good care, k?!

NomadicMom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker