Thursday, May 31, 2007

Cha-Pa-Lang Post...

Feeling very lazy (and ill) to separate out the topics...So will do a Cha-Pa-Lang Post...

S2's SATs Today will be the final day of the SATs (Statuatory Assessment Tests) for Key Stage 1. When S2 came home from school yesterday, I asked him how it was.

S2: I had to write a letter to welcome a new boy. Use imagination.
Me: So, did you write anything?
S2: YES! I wrote so much. I wrote two pages.
Me: Wow! Two pages. What did you write?
S2: Forgot already! But I made sure the spacing is finger-width but I don't use my finger. I use my eyes.

How typical of S2!!!

Farewell Lunch Relocations, Going Home etc are all part of the expat life.....With the school year ending (American School ends next Friday), there are many GOODBYES at this time of the year. Attended a pot-luck farewell lunch on Tuesday for 5 ladies- 4 going home, and 1 to Shanghai...
Made a Homestyle Fried BeeHoon.......fried with "chue-yau-char" of course... :-)

Feeling ill Have not been feeling well these two days... Diarrhoea and now, also caught the sniffles. Feels like shit oni. Slept till like 10.30 am and then lazed in bed almost whole day. Maybe my immune system not so good these days because have chicken-out on so many of my yoga classes... :-P

New Phone Or rather OLD phone.... Inherited H's discarded N80 Phone. Tried to write a short post on my blog via the phone...but my fat fingers kept on pressing the exit key, and thus out of the internet connection. Fed-up ..donwan to do it liow.. But it's good to read news etc lah... Since mom didn't want my old 6111, I've given it to S1 already.....

Gardener Quit Liow I was gonna give the gardener an ultimatum..."tim-patt-chi", he also donwan to work. Told the maid that his father FORCED him to take up this job. This guy also "mou-samm-kei" to work one lah, that's why always never complete tasks one. Have to look out for a new gardener now. Will find one that looks like Gabriel Solis' Gardener!! Hahahah...

Desford Colliery Band Got dragged by a friend to watch this Brass Band yesterday... Am not musically inclined but FREE ma... plus my friend said cook dinner for me, have a driver pick and drop me off... So, go lor..

They are quite good,...founded in 1898 and have won many awards... wanted to post a picture but somehow it kept on saying "NO connection" etc... donno why leh...

Long Weekend We have a long weekend starting tomorrow... We will be taking the boys up to the mountains..... will post the trip when we get back. Hopefully, I will be feeling better tomorrow...

8 comments:

mommy of 3 angels said...

get well soon

hey how come we are the dumping ground for our hubby's new toys!!

WMD: Wife, Mother, Daughter said...

Haha you also inherit phones from your husband.. looks like I am not alone too.

Going to Puncak??

Anonymous said...

good luck on the gardener. HAha.. yeah, right.. in your dreams. But if it did come true. I'll fly over for a visit. hehehe.. msy

Anonymous said...

i'll visit too!

...and hang out a lot by the pool...hahahahha

v

Anonymous said...

hahaha i no privilege to inherit hubby's hp as his is even older than mine! hahahahhaa

get well soon wei!

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon, get plenty of rest and drinks lotsa liquids.

Anonymous said...

hahah..u want the fat or hunky gardener?

NomadicMom said...

Hello...ladies..

"New" Phone - Yeah lor..still learning the ropes on how to use it.

"Gardener" - Of course the HUNKY one lah.. Unfortunately, think that will be very very difficult..Heard from my maid some old man wanted to come for interview.. SHUCKS..

"Feeling Ill" - Terrible lah..still having the runs... BUMMER...

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker