Sunday, September 30, 2007

Am I a CoNTrol FrEaK?

Recently, I've written about needing new tactics when dealing with my S1. I think I need some advice/tips with handling growing boys. Both of us have engaged with some recent word wars. The biggest one happened on Friday morning, when he was getting ready for school. Don't know what happened but I ended up shouting and screaming, and him crying and shouting. *sigh* How like that? He kept on arguing with me...

And the next day, again I have to REPEAT myself for him to do something... Is it that I am a CoNTroL FrEaK? And that is why I am having problems?? Maybe I should just NOT care. But how can??? I know I should let go and let him learn from his mistakes....but that would be too late liow... How like that???

What do I NOT like?
  • Me having to REPEAT myself about 4 times, and then SCREAM at him before things are done.
  • SIMPLY and quickly completing work (really cin-cai bo-cai) to get to his TV/TV Games etc
  • Answering me in a COCKY way
  • Giving STUPID excuses
  • Walking like a CLOWN and then tripping!!!
  • Telling me work is DONE when in-fact NOT done!
  • NOT responsible over his own belongings.
So how??? Any ideas how to have a SHOUT-LESS day??

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

:(

misha also like S1 sometimes ..arghhh .. vomit blood sometimes

Anonymous said...

aiya the boys grown up is liddat lor..i'm getting a taste of it now lor..i just look at Kieran n then i start to whine and say what happened to my most adorable and obedient baby boy??? trust me he will like in a moment look guilty!

stay-at-home mum said...

Sounds like me and my kids. I guess we just have to wait for them to grow up and out of that phase. Honestly, I dont know when that will happen if at all. I have friends with kids, like age 20 telling me they have same problems. BUT I am happy to know that I am not ALONE in all these. I would like to think I am not a coNtRol fReAk too!!

Anonymous said...

U control freak? I don't think so leh. I think he don't understd that there consequences to his actions. (even if u explained it to him!!!!)

I think boys are really hard to get through. Macam..they really don't want to listen leh....very susah la.

I am going to have many many issues later on. I so want to pengsan right now......arrrrrgghhhH!!!!

NomadicMom said...

Misha's Mum - At least you only got one to "kik" you. Somehow, my two boys are like TAKING TURNS to "kik" me to death....

Laundryamah - Mine arr...depends on the severity. Sometimes, look guilty but other times just answer me with "I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!"

Stay-at-Home Mum - When the grow out of this phase, am sure they are gonna have other tricks that will somehow manage to "kik" us one.

MOTT - Think you are right that boys DON'T really listen one leh.. They HEAR you, but DON'T listen. No need to pengsan. Just sit and cry lor..hahahah (errr... I did that once or twice :-D )

Anonymous said...

Aiyoo, my 3 yr old girl also kik me. I found myself repeating like mad then resorting to yelling. Until I started to dislike my own yelling. Now have to grit my teeth to stop yelling. And you're telling me it will get worse ?!!
--> KL

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker