Thursday, September 20, 2007

Our First Time!

"Tai Yat Chee".......

Very "sum chaer" people will think "tai yat chee do yiar"???" BUT of course being the sweet innocent girl that I am, I do not mean that. What I meant was OUR first time at the GOLF COURSE! YAY!!!!

It was Ladies' Day on Wednesday (yesterday), so two girlfriends (W and L) and I went to the Golf Course for the very first time. We have had about 8 lessons with the Golf-Pro already, and I felt that we MUST go out to the course liow. What for wait and wait , and continue hitting at the carpet at the driving range? Go out and do the real thing lah! So....off we went....dragging our Golf-Pro with us. Of course must pay him lah... But overall, including green fees, buggy, caddy and Golf-Pro fees...we paid about USD 55/- each. Okay lah..

Anyway, our tee off time was at 8.00 AM (Our hubbies were like "huh? 8 AM too late. Should tee off at about 6 AM or something". Aiya... we where will wake at 4.30 AM for golf one??? Seow meh?).... and at the counter, the lady asked "Do you need a buggy?". I didn't answer and paused abit, L immediately piped in and said "Of course need a buggy! Why you must think so long?" ...hahaha... so, we took the buggy...and only paid for the 9-hole. I was contemplating of the 18 hole, cause only another USD 6 for the additional 9-holes. But my friend stopped me lah..

First hole, we already like Seow Char-boh.. laughing and all. And there was a flight in front of us. Our Golf-Pro was quick to quiet us, and educate us Sua-Koo ladies the first etiquette of golf...ie. KEEP QUIET when there are people teeing-off. hahahah...

Me very GUNG-HO was the first to tee-off Surprisingly, it didn't look bad! In fact, it looked quite impressive! Then L started to say "Si lah. Si lah. Pressure me. Give me stress only." hahaha...She was so nervous that when it was her turn, she missed the ball, cangkul the grass and the golf club flew to the back. Luckily we were standing quite far away. The guffaws were unevitable!!! kekekeke... But after that, she did calm down, and did hit decently.

Overall, I think we did fairly well for the first outing on the golf course. I lost a few balls into the river though. The male caddy (whom I have to say was quite good. Telling me which direction, helping me locate the balls, advising on the way I should hit..... we were saying that these days, most courses have replaced with female caddies who only POSE rather than help with the game. But guys don't care lah...but we ladies of course want good caddies rather than Heow-Pohs what!!) chose my clubs for me, and wanted to be safe. Gave me a 7-iron so that ball will just land before the river. But you know STRONG POWDERFUL SUPERWOMAN like me, hit so hard and the ball went into the river.

My girlfriends? At hole-6, there was mention of stopping...and After hole-7, they were negotiating one take hole-8 and the other hole-9. In the end, they didn't finish the last hole, which was a Par 5. Me? Did quite well at the last hole, if I must say!! Can't wait to go AGAIN!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, sounds so fun.

Great if you can have some laughter while exercising. I have no one to go golfing with. :(

NomadicMom said...

Exercising?? Hehehe...BUGGY lah... Not much walking :-)

Get your "lau ang" to go golfing with you lah!!!

Anonymous said...

wwah...bestnya!

I once went on a 9hole with my aunt..she finished so fast.....I was lagging very very FAR behind.

HAHAHAHAHAAHAH!!!

NomadicMom said...

MOTT - hahaha...so she wait at the hole for you???

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker