Saturday, September 01, 2007

Hormones are the Culprit!

As mentioned in my last post, took boys to a birthday party today. Had little chats with some of the moms, and one of them mentioned how her son (S2's classmate) was "testing" and "teasing" the teacher, and ultimately got punished for not following instructions. And of course the topic veered to how S2 has been making me "Vomit Blood". Apparently, she said that it's due to testosterone that are being released into their system at this age, i.e. 7 - 8. They would be TESTING and exerting their "power" on things when this gush of hormones happens. The next gush would happen when they are about 14 years old. She was also tearing her hair out with her son, until someone advised her to read the book entitled "Raising Happy Boys" which is written by a man. It hopes to give mothers an insight into the growing minds of boys. :-) I'll have to go borrow it from the school library.

Actually, am halfway reading a book called "Sibling without Rivalry". When I was just into the first chapter, I was laughing away because the screaming lady in the book sounded so much like me, the the fighting kids sound just exactly like my two monsters. It made me feel soooo NORMAL. Haahahahaa...

4 comments:

stay-at-home mum said...

Ok, I am off to Borders to get those 2 books today. Hope I dont have to throw the book at my son!

NomadicMom said...

Stay-at-home mum - Hahahah.... If you do, he probably will go "neh...neh..you cannot hit me...." kekekeke...

WMD: Wife, Mother, Daughter said...

I must go look up those two books too.

NomadicMom said...

WMD - Good Idea!!! I learnt a few things!!

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker