Monday, September 24, 2007

We Are Certified!!!

Yay!! H and I are now PADI CERTIFIED Open Water Divers!
Yup! Yup! Yup!

As mentioned in my last post, we went to the islands for our Diving certification over the weekend. On Saturday morning, we set-off from our home at 6.30 am as our driver said it'll take an hour to reach the pier. ALAMAK! Took only 30 minutes to reach there. The boat was only gonna leave at 8.00 AM. So...can you imagine us having to wait for soooooooo long at the pier? With nothing to do?

Anyway, the speed boat did depart on time with about 50 passengers. Took about 1 1/2 hours to reach the island. The water was crystal clear. Unfortunately, the hotel was errrr... let's just say that we had to "rough it out". The room does have air-cond, TV and fridge. The kids, especially S1 hated the toilet. I don't know why..I thought the toilet was quite clean and presentable. Think maybe he was not used to a bathroom that does not have a bathtub. These kids are so used to 5-Star hotel, that this very basic hotel needed some little used to. I was only concerned with bed bugs! Luckily, we all slept well. No bed bugs. No mozzies.

Boys played with sand, while we had the first two open water dives at the coral reef off the island. The corals were already quite "dead". Apparently, no real divers come to these islands for real diving, but just for their certification. Just as well, cause on my second dive, I landed on some corals and broke them. URGH!!! I fell like a brick. I had 5 kg weights on me...which I think too much for start of the dive. After the dives, four of us walked round the island. Took us only 15 minutes. Then we sat by the beach to have drinks. No terror Pina Coladas or Margaritas but H had a beer, and me a coke. Waited for sunset...and took some great pictures. See them??? Then we had dinner (included in the hotel package. Not great food. But okay lah...). We went to bed pretty early...all of us slept at 9.30 AM.

Next morning... I sort of heard S1 leaving the room to walk on the beach, and then H telling S2 something...and then H came into my bed to wake me up. And then S2 said "Are you going to S-E-X?" See lah? Kids these days. Anyway, saw that outside was soooo bright! Sun already OUT liow. Missed the opportunity to take pictures of sunrise. Washed up and then had breakfast.....Fried Rice and Fried Egg. Think had a little too much. Why? Read on!

For our third dive, we took a speed boat out to another reef. Took boys with us. Whilst we were diving, boys were feeding fishes with bread from the breakfast table. They really enjoyed the speed boat ride, and feeding the fishes. When we finished the 3rd dive, we headed back to the hotel. I somehow felt queasy, and nauseous. H kept on telling me to go back to the room to puke. Our instructor says that it's because I ate, and then swim too much, instead of relaxing in the water. Rested, but refused to go puke. Then off we went for the 4th Open Water Dive. Wa.....the moment, I surfaced, really beh tahan! I puked all my fried rice out!! All the fishes of course came to EAT my regurgitated fried rice! And the instructor was already up on the pier and he shouted "very good. lots of fishes!" ...H was not too far from me when I puked. I don't know if he was DISGUSTED but he did help me to the ladder to get out of the water. Waaaa...after the puke, really felt SO MUCH better!!! Obviously, I didn't learn from my previous lesson!

Then, we took the boys on the banana boat. The attendant asked if we wanted the boat to be flipped at the finale. Of course I said NO lah. As it is, my S2 already quite reluctant to go on it. When the boatman turned the boat, and water splashed up, aiyooooo my S2 screamed and screamed. How to have the boat flipped over?? After that, S1 canoed by himself. He's quite good! We then had lunch (after puke liow, sure can eat some more!!), cleaned up and ready to leave the island. We departed at 2 pm. Supposed to arrive at 3.30 pm, but the boat detoured to pick up some other passengers from another island. Consequently, we only got back at the pier at 4.10 pm. Fed the boys' McD's on our way home...

Overall, we all enjoyed ourselves. Boys actually said that they wanna go again despite of the basic facilities. :-)



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Were the photos taken by you? They are lovely.

stay-at-home mum said...

Congrats! Yes, should not have physical exercise until after one hour after food, and dont eat too much. Next time dont be so yeow kwee ok? Love your photos.

bp said...

Wow, congrats!!! Nice pictures =)

Anonymous said...

C.O.N.G.R.A.T.U.L.A.T.I.O.N.S.....!!!!

Everyday Healy said...

LOL! Really ain't easy to get that diving license ler... u r great!

Anyway, you've got tag!

http://everydayhealy.blogspot.com/2007/09/its-time-to-make-wish.html

Anonymous said...

That's fantastic!!!!!

Sounds the whole family had a grand time...except for s2 on the banana boat. Actually, to me, no bathtub, better. Always thought hoteltubs were unhygenic! *winks*

Anonymous said...

wah congrats! had fun eh???

NomadicMom said...

Judy - Thanks. Yeah. Yeah. Photos taken by me. Not bad lah, huh?

Stay-at-home Mum - Thanks. Yeah. I know that I am d@mn yeow kwee leh. Summore finished my plate of fried rice, and still curi some from H's plate!!!!

bp - Hey. Thanks..

Misha's Mum - Thank you. Thank you.

EverydayHealy - Not that difficult lah.. Just got to relax leh. Okay. Will check out the tag. Thanks.

Mott - Would be quite INTERESTING if we had the banana boat flipped! Hehehe... Yeah lah. No tub better lah. They don't clean it well summore.

Laundryamah - Not THAT kind of fun that you had in mind! We all four in the same room leh...

My Rantings said...

Congrats! I don't think I got the guts to do it though. :)

Aiyo, puke in the water? I was going to say 'poor fishes' or should I say 'lucky fishes'? Hehe! :P

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker