Sunday, September 16, 2007

Sprucing Up an Old Cabinet..

I had a small cabinet that was purchased when S1 was born. Needless to say, the condition of the cabinet had deteriorated through normal wear and tear, plus the occasional torture by the kids. Although it didn't look that good, it was still quite sturdy. Rather than throwing it out, I decided that I would fix it and give it to my then-maid. I purchased some cabinet hardware off-the-shelf at a DIY store. I changed the drawer knobs, replace the hinges and stuck-on some adhesive cover on the top. It did look rather presentable after this cosmetic make-over!

4 comments:

Bkworm said...

hiya, nomadic mom..just popping by to thank you for leaving a comment in my blog. Have been so busy,didn’t manage to come by and say hello earlier. :) Oh, btw, am sure I am much older than you - class of 1980 ;)

NomadicMom said...

Hello...bkworm. Thanks for popping by too. Older but NOT that much lah. My last year was 1988.

bp said...

Wow... sounds great, and you're so handy =)

NomadicMom said...

bp - Yup! I am the DIY one in the house. Hammered the nails and such, and hung all the pictures in the house!!

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker