Saturday, September 15, 2007

"Cucuk"

Yup! All three of us... went to get ourselves cucuk today...aiya... immunized lah.

Started off with the receipt of a letter from school indicating that S1 needed a booster shot of MMR to keep his medical records in order. Somehow, this is a requirement in this country and the US. In Malaysia, the first MMR is given at about 15 months, and no booster shot is required. So, of course I never really peduli (care) lah. But because S1 has a Residential trip to Bali in early November, I need to get his records straight. Otherwise, he will be denied from going on the trip. And this of course is a BIG NO NO!

As for S2, he needed to get his BCG vaccination. In Malaysia, this is normally given at school. But here, BCG is not a requirement at this age. Funny, yeah? But I want to get it done lah.. just to be in accordance to Malaysia's medical regulations.

H had a golf game with his customer this morning, and thus did not go with us. The night before, we had a chat about this.
Me - Do you think I can handle S2 myself?
H - It's sooooo big! You want me to DIE??? *LOL*

H was actually emulating S2. With great success, I have to say. The last time, we took S2 to have his DTP jab. Waaaaaaaa... it was MEGA difficult. He was thrashing and kicking. And YES. He did screamed out "Its sooooo big. You want me to DIE?" when he saw the syringe! Hahaaaahhaaa.. Yeah. I know. Bad mommy. But it was kinda funny. Sooooo dramatic. H calls him our DRAMA KING!

I didn't want to wait another day, and decided to brace myself and go forth to the clinic on my own. S1 as usual....like hero lah. Took his two jabs (oh... the second jab, I decided that we should have too... for Typhoid), one on his left arm, and the other on the buttock. I insisted on the buttock, so that the right arm can still be UN-hurt for doing homework. *Evil Laugh*

Then it was S2's turn. Aiyo..... started screaming and crying when the nurse was just filling up the syringe. But luckily, he did calm down and the first jab on the buttock went in without a hitch. Once he felt the 1st was okay, the 2nd one on the arm was quite a breeze through. But the commotion PRIOR to taking the jabs was enough to invite STARES and GRINS when I exit the consultation room. I just casually said "he can be heard loud and clear out here, huh?", and this ang-moh guy grinned at me and said "Uh-Huh!"

Oh yeah..I had a Typhoid jab too. Aiya...of course I didn't cry lah.....

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

tak payah BCG jab anymore lar .. was told by Misha's paed that no longer need BCG. I think Std One kid also does not need to take BCG jab anymore

Anonymous said...

Poor S2. My kids faint after the jabs regardless how hard they try to be brave. :)

Are you sure you didn't cry? Even if you did, I think you also too shy to tell us lah? Hehehehe.... :P

Anonymous said...

ayoo can imagine ur S2 mia face lor..hahahaa

wah just read ur dumpling recipe..so impressed that u actually made the skin yourself too!!! If it's me..just buy the skin leow..hahahahhaa

Anonymous said...

aiyoh, after reading yr post, it reminds me that i need to get my rubella booster liow. hehe...

NomadicMom said...

Misha's Mum - That's what the docs here were telling me. But I always remember Std 1 must take BCG jab. So since S2 is in "Std 1" this year, take him for the jab lah...

Judy - Wah...faint? Very cialatt wor. Aye..of course I didn't cry lah. I can watch BLOOD being taken out from my arm one lah.. Purposely look some more!

Laundryamah - Actually the skin easy to make lah. I always thought it would be difficult. Don't really need the rolling. Just slap slap and pull pull can liow.

Oscar's Mommy - You get? Alot of jabs hor? Still got Hep A, Hep B, Tetanus, Flu shots blah blah blah

Anonymous said...

Yeah .. last time STD one need to take BSG . but lately do not need. My friend's daughter at Sri Hartamas also did nto take this jab in school .. anyway . it is oklar .. more prevention lor :)

stay-at-home mum said...

Aiyo. I think all #2's are the same. Mine went for their hepatitis A booster jap last friday, and my son was all drama too. As for the two girls. they were coool! I am so proud of them! I think the worst jab is the one for pneumonuecal (not sure about spelling) but the doc told me that was the most painful jab coz very thick needle.

WMD: Wife, Mother, Daughter said...

Would love to see that drama king of yours. So funny. Hey MMR booster got lah in Msia at age 4-6.

NomadicMom said...

Misha's Mum - Is it? Malaysia also no need to take liow meh? I so blurr lah...

Stay-at-home Mum - Maybe your boy want to "thaer" you lah... Aiyo...means in a few weeks, got to go again to get the other jabs. *Pengsan*

WMD - Is it? Got meh? Don't recall need a booster MMR at 4-6 years one wor... Anyway, S2 took it in Jan liow. So "kau-tim" lah, I supposed.

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker