Tuesday, September 18, 2007

How Come Ahh?

........that after going to the gym diligently, twice a week for more than a month (early Aug)...
..... I STILL weigh the same?
..... My shorts STILL as tight as ever?

HOW COME AHH???

Is it because time not spent enough at the gym?
Kenot be what... I am on the X-Trainer for 30 +5 minutes. The calorie counters shows > 310 cal, the distance shows > 5 KM wor.... And then after that, I do weights for my belly and arms for about 25 minutes. Still not enough??

Or is it because twice a week is not enuff?
Really?? Must be at least 3 times a week?

Or is it because I think I go to the gym twice a week, I MAKAN banyak-banyak?
Errr...maybe a little bit because of this reason ler...

6 comments:

stay-at-home mum said...

Metabolic rate slowing down, la!

Anonymous said...

Could be early days.....
OR possibly you don't have to lose weight.
Someone told me that once your body is the right weight, the exercise is to tone up your muscles and you can eat moderately and not worry about excess fat. Do correct me if I am wrong. I am a couch potato but too lazy to move my bottom to lose weight. :(

Anonymous said...

You need to eat healthily too la! Burn 300 kcal but eat 500 kcal, of course excess cal go into fat storage la.

From experience, it's about toning the body first with more muscle mass. Then can burn more fat.

And errr, yes, you do need at least 3 times a week and 30 min on x-trainer is just the minimal.
--> KL

Anonymous said...

eh after going to gym u may put on weight oso wor cos muscles weigh more than fats! but then hor...if the pants still tight then ur cardio not enuf la..do longer cardio and less weight training first. of course got to cut down the fatty food & carbo!

Jonzz said...

Don't neglect the diet part if you want to lose weight.

NomadicMom said...

Stay-at-home mum - Signs of aging?? *sigh*

Judy - Errr..don't think this case is true for me lah.. When I had the body fat measured (done by those "meoe theow" gym trainers), the findings was that I have waaaaay too much body fat!

KL - Wah...30 minutes the minimum? Very cialatt like that. 3X a week? Wahh... okay, maybe I do it saturday mornings. And build muscles first?? Okay Okay. I persevere and see if my flabby arms get nicely toned my Madonna's or not. Hahahha

Laundryamah - Sked I collapse if too long cardio wor... Was already very proud of myself for the 30+5 minutes liow leh... But I don't really eat that much fatty foods leh... I think...

Jonzz - Problem is I am not a vegetable/fruit/healthy eating person. How like that??

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker