Friday, September 21, 2007

Growing boy...

Yesterday, as usual...boys and I chatted in the car on the way to their Mandarin class. The convo centered around our trip to the Thousand Islands this weekend, and then S1 asked why don't we go to Bali?

Me: But you've been to Bali. And you will be going again for your Residential. Maybe Borobudur. We will definitely go to Borobudur.

S1 thought it was the Borobudur Hotel..that's located in the northern part of the city.
S1: Great! I can meet Chef Betz again, and have the famous Oxtail...

Me: Okay..This weekend we can go. Err.. okay not this weekend. Next weekend.

S1: No. Since this weekend, I cannot hang out with my friends, I want to hang out with them next week. Next Next weekend then we go.

Me: Wa...So long. Next week, we go lah...

S1: Hello. Mommy. I also have a life one you know!!

I was gobsmacked!!!! I just replied "wah...you dare to talk to me like that?"

When I told H...he said "Lei ker chai tai kor ler". (Your son big liow)
*sigh* Have to change tactics liow...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahaha :)

mommy of 3 angels said...

i also always use that phase "dun talk to me like tat"

like i am the MOTHER!!!

maybe ur son big ledi...cannot use it ah? still can wat?

stay-at-home mum said...

Ya, boy. They have their own plans now. We only pray that they remember to include us sometimes. Must start to learn to let-go, ok?

bp said...

Hehe! But yes, I think with every generation, they grow up faster and faster, which makes parenting more and more challenging! Do share your tactics!

WMD: Wife, Mother, Daughter said...

Wow looks like your son is big boy now. Frankly, it is kinda funny to read his reply.

NomadicMom said...

Misha's Mum - Don't laugh. Your turn will come soon!

M2A - Yeah lah! These kids always like "mou tai mou sai" when talking to adults!

Stay-at-home mum - I am letting go...but just cannot tahan when they talk like that leh.

bp- Still trying to think of what tactics to use leh..

wmd - big boy in some ways, but still very childish in other ways...

Anonymous said...

Yes Mom, don't you know that kids have got a life too?? :P

Actually, do you realise that kids think adults (especially their parents) do not have a life, ie why my kids always tell me, "Mum, get a life!" Duh??

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker