Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Some Updates

More on Musical Instruments
S2 brought back a FLUTE today, and announced "The saxophone is too hard". Apparently, no more Alto Saxophones are available for loan, and S2 had to use the Medium Saxophone instead. It's bigger than the Alto, and he found it quite big to be carried and to blow into it. So, he's learning to play the flute instead. He demonstrated blowing, and said the note must be held for at least 4 seconds. Errr...from what I hear, it's not exactly a note YET. I tried to blow too, and I almost ZERO sound came out. S2 tried to teach me "First, you have to put your lips like that, and then smile, and then blow"... Don't ask me why have to smile one!
S1 also wants to take up an additional instrument. He's already doing the guitar. He now wants to try to learn to play the Saxophone. So, I'll have to write a letter to school to request for it. The thing is ....somehow, my kids are always "poon thonng sway" one (half pail of water OR, half past six) ...do things halfway all the time instead of truly completing something. Hope they will really and truly want to be music stars! Okay..Stars abit of exaggeration!

Consulting Job
Got myself some part-time work as a CON-Sultan hahaha...
Okay. Serious now. It's an engineering consulting job for a Singaporean company, to help them liase with their client over here. Went to my first meeting with the client today, who happens to be my friend's hubby! Don't know if this will make the job easier or not, but the meeting today was pleasant enough.
Work will be on a flexi-basis, and I can work from home MOST of the time. Hope I don't have to get out to their plant too often. I will be paid a daily rate plus out-of-pocket expenses. And I think I may have to go to Singapore to open a bank account, and to see another doctor for my problematic foot. Will see when I go lah...

Another Earthquake

Another earthquake occurred off the coast of Sumatera this evening. According to my MIL, Malaysian news has indicated that a Tsunami will hit South Thailand at 11 pm tonight. Think the fault along the Indonesian Archipelago is undergoing massive activities...with so many earthquakes happening in recent times. But what can be done? Nothing, I guessed......

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

when u go spore let me know wor...

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new job!!

So, how? Less shopping, less coffee time? I hope you get to meet many nice people. I feel people you meet are the ones who make you either love or hate the job you do.

stay-at-home mum said...

wah, got job now. Congrats. Hope your sons succeed in learning to play those instruments. You have to "force" them sometimes, if not they will want to give up when the going gets tough. Persevere, and they will succeed. Let me know when you come by ok?

NomadicMom said...

Laundryamah - You wanna fly to Singapore to meet me???

Judy - Thank you! Err..definitely less coffee time. But maybe more shopping time? Tendency to spend when you have your own money wor... Actually, I don't know how it (job, I mean) would be, as am not a real employee. But plus point is the FLEXI hours lor. Up to me lah, basically.

Stay-at-home Mum - Yeah. I find that I have to FORCE them to stick to something one leh. Othewise, when the going gets tough, they just want to give up. ...Can have coffee if I come to Singapore :-)

bp said...

Congrats on your job! $$$ounds like a good flexi plan =)

Anonymous said...

wah..working again! congrats!!!! hope that it'll be easy-peasy, zero stress!!!

NomadicMom said...

bp - Thanks. It does sounds like a good flexi plan. But only after I start on it, then I'll know if it's really good.

Mott - Not necessarily ZERO stress leh. If don't clock in the hours, then don't get paid wor... So, will have to push myself also what

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker