Thursday, September 06, 2007

Mommy and Son

Yesterday, S2 had a playdate over at a friend's house (err...on a weekday as his friend is moving to Cambodia at the end of this month...so cincai lah). So what do I do? Took S1 out for a mommy and son bonding session. At first, he didn't want to lah... But then agreed when I said OKAY to his request for a Cappucino!! And that fella wanted to go to a fancy place some more! So, we went to a place called Huize van Wely, a Pattissier, Chocolatier, Glacier and Salon de Thè. Yes. S2 had his own personal cup of Cappucino. He was very pleased! Think he felt kinda grown-up. Previously, he's had sips from mine but never his own. But our friend, perhaps tried too hard..he dribbled Cappucino all over his shirt. Anyway, S1 did have a pasta dish, and as for me, had the Afternoon Tea for One....finished with 3 pieces of handmade chocolate. WAH!!!!! The bill came and was about USD 45/-....Almost fainted! Even whole family have a satisfying crab meal also not so expensive. And then S1 said "Let's come again!" and I was quick to answer with a "NO-lah...errr...maybe just for the coffees, Okay?" Perhaps I should look on the bright side that mother and son bonded over a cuppa??? Instead of the $$$ flying away....

Also, further to my Vomit Blood post on S2, and subsequent enlightenment that it's due to hormones, I am striving to laugh at their Off-and-On antics of sorts, instead of tearing my hair out. I mean, soon...they will be so grown up....So, what do I do?

- Listen to S2 burp his ABCs....
- Listen to the boys sing amended songs.. Like? You know the song that begins with "I believe I could fly...I believe I could touch the sky...". Well, it has been amended to "I believe I could die...I've been shot by the FBI..." And the Barney song? It used to have an ending "won't you say you love me too..." and now it becomes "sorry kids but Barney's dead!".
....and the list goes on...

4 comments:

stay-at-home mum said...

My daughter wants to have her own cup of cappucino too ... but I wont let her..for fear that the caffeine will be addictive,a nd she will be owl eyed all nite, and I have to be have awake to keep an eye on her. The pattiserie must have been good for it to cost that much. Small price to pay for quality bonding time!

NomadicMom said...

Stay-at-home mum - Hehehe..S1 did say that he couldn't really sleep. But I think he just wants to use that as an excuse lah. He did fall asleep rather quickly after I threaten him :-)

Pattiserie Okay lah... but I would just as happy in a cheaper place!! Should have gone to Coffee Bean or Starbucks!!!

Anonymous said...

USD45?? Pengsan liow.

When I have bonding days with my son, most of the time, he is happy with Pho...cheap, cheap only. Then we go shopping.....mmm, BIG MISTAKE! :)

Your boys are good boys!! Don't forget that. That is what my sister always remind me, "Your son is a very good boy!" :)

NomadicMom said...

Judy - Yeah. Need EPSOM Salts to bring me back to consciousness!! Yeah. Although I complain so much about my kids, I think overall, they are quite good boys lah...except for S2 that's going through this "testing his testosterone"phase!

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker