Thursday, September 27, 2007

Birthday Dinners...Updated with Pix

On the actual day (Tuesday), went to a new Grill and Wine place called RUSTIQUE with the boys. The ambience was quite nice. Ordered a Caesar's Salad, Seafood Paella and Seafood Basket for the boys. Food was quite good, and prices reasonable. The total bill for 4 of us was less than the Mommy/Son Coffee Session that I had with S2 earlier this month. I actually took some photos with my mobile phone...but cannot find the cable to connect to the notebook.

RUSTIQUE
Caesar's Salad

Seafood Paella

Next day, we went to a fancier place. Just the two of us. We went to the Steak House at the Four Seasons Hotel. H used to joke that he can only bring customers there on company's expense, and thus cannot bring me there. Anyway, I had the Pan-Seared Foie Gras with caramelized bananas (yummy but I think the one at Emilie is better) which melts in the mouth as it should, followed by a Grilled Australian Wagyu Rump Steak (My first Wagyu!!!). Dessert was a scoop of Rum and Raisin Ice-cream. Chose the cheaper Rump Steak (USD 30) vs the Rib-Eye which was as USD 55/-. No lah...didn't want to look like suah-koo, so didn't take any pictures. This place was also having a GOURMET burger promotion, the most expensive one was a Gourmet Kobe Burger at USD 110/-!!!! Seow or not???

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

wah....wagyu beef ah!!! lovely!!! I also wouldn't dare order it. But, if my father was paying and ordered it..I wud have! *GRINS*

I somehow become daddy's girl..when it comes to him bringing us out for dinner..hahahahahahahah!!!! NO SHAME LA ME!!!!

Anonymous said...

wei take pictures not suah koo ok! must start the trend la...now i must try to remember ur bday..since it's like one day after my hubby's errr but then again i nearly forgot his until a friend reminded me!

Anonymous said...

I am also conscious of taking photos in restaurants but more because my kids get embarassed and on lookers.

Sounds like a romantic dinner! :)

bp said...

Happy belated birthday! Sounds like you had a wonderful time!

mommy of 3 angels said...

wagyu....yummy...the menu sounds soooo tempting

now i want that fat liver too!


but the price also terror la.

NomadicMom said...

Mott - Wa...Daddy's Little Princess!! Aye.. If you have a third boy...Look on the bright side, you WILL Still be A PRINCESS in your family!!! :-)

Laundryamah - Your hubby's birthday is 24th? Other places take photo nevermind lah, but go Four Seasons, skali ppl think I come out from kampung leh.

Judy - Hahaha... I can imagine your kids go "Mum! Please!". My kids still okay lah.. They just go "Hurry up mom! I want to gobble up my food already". Hehehee

BP - :-) Not bad lah. Have to say my first Wagyu was delicious!!

MummyOf2 Angels - You are preggers now! Got excuse to EAT and EAT and EAT!!!

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker