Sunday, September 09, 2007

Update on Kids...

House Captain??
"I am going to run for House Captain", S1 announced as he came down from the bus on Thursday afternoon. I have to say that I was a little bit surprised that my scardy-kat was gonna run for House Captain. He worked on his speech for quite some time that night. The next day, S2 came home and announced that his brother (S1 went straight to T's house for sleepover) didn't win but managed to be the Vice-Captain.
And then he added "B won because he is better looking". Of course I was shocked, and remarked with a "Huh?? Where got such thing one?".
Then, S2 replied "No. Actually. He is not better looking. But he sound good".
I asked "Do you mean that B has a better speech?"
"Yeaaaaaa!!!", was S2's reply.
So...there, my S1 is the Vice-Captain for the RED House.

On the same note... S1 commented "T didn't want me to run for House Captain because he said then he won't be able to see me during lunch time". When I heard this, I actually laughed, and told H that it sounded like a girlfriend whining to the boyfriend! BTW, T is a boy too.

Musical Instruments
It is now compulsory to learn at least one musical instrument at school. And S1 has chosen the guitar. I wonder if he can really pick it up. Somehow, I have the idea that kids need to learn to read notes at a much younger age. As for S2, he'll be learning to play the Alto Saxophone. Hopefully, all the BLOWING will reduce his TALKING AIR! hahahahaa....

High School Musical 2
Both my boys are really crazy over High School Musical 2. They will sing and gyrate with the tunes. Now, their room is filled with posters of the guy and the gal and donno who else.... To watch the show this evening, they gladly did their Maths and clean their room!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha .. your sons also like HSM ar? Misha just finished watching HSM2.. waited for that for months . .. now can go back and sleep peacefully :)

stay-at-home mum said...

Yeah, my kids were geared up for HCM2 as well, finishing all h/w in record time!
Hope you manage to get some peace and quiet despite all the practices on those musical instruments.

Anonymous said...

hahaha even my son is like into this HSM la..it's on Disney Channel ma..

NomadicMom said...

Misha's Mum - Yup! They absolutely lurve it. Plus with the new HSM2 CD that H had bought them, they have MASTERED the songs in there in preparation for the show on Sunday!!

Stay-at-home Mum - My two monsters too. Eager to finish homework, clean room etc etc to watch the show. No lah..So far, they have been practicing the instruments in school. No DIN at home..YET.

Laundryamah - Think all kids are lah...

My Rantings said...

My 3 kids, down to #3 who's only 6 are into HSM. They would rather stay home last night just to watch it than go out with us on our usual Sunday dinner. Had to call in Pizza Hut for them instead & even pop some popcorns for them! So hubby & I went paktoh! Haha! :D

NomadicMom said...

Dancing Queen - My two monsters these days don't want to follow us out UNLESS I insist. They've already NOTIFY that we MUST EAT-IN on Sunday Nite waaaaaay in advance already! :-D

Anonymous said...

wei..my no.1 oni 5 years old, already crazy about HSM... HOW LAH!!!!!!!!!!!

it's all that prancing around la... I never knew boys like to dance so much!

NomadicMom said...

Mott - Oh YES they DO!!! My supposed-ly introvert S1 actually gyrated in front of some other kids at his brother's friend's party! I was gob-smacked!

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker