Thursday, July 05, 2007

Don't Be Greedy!!!

Yesterday, was our 5th Confined Water Dive and Final Exam (Classroom)....

I had lunch with girlfriend after our golf lesson.... Had Vietnamese Beef Noodle and Fried Shrimp Springrolls, plus a Black Jelly in Coconut Milk (not a good combi)...went home and napped till boys came home. S2 didn't finish his snack - cake filled with loads of cream! And of course I ate the leftovers.. Took them to the playground. And some moms brought some food and drinks. I had a packet of junk food, a fried local snack and a coke. Went home, had a bowl of fruit salad and a slice of bread. At this time, I was already quite "zhai" (full)...Said my goodbyes to the boys and head off to the Dive Center.

H and his colleagues came directly from work...so most have not had their dinner. And someone ordered pizza from Pizza Hut..the new ones where you can pluck the cheese-filled crust out and dip into mayonaise.... Needless to say, "wai-sik" Nomadic Mom had a few of them while completing the exam sheet. I was really really "zhai" but the mouth cannot stop!!!

After the exam (of course I passed with flying colours lah...), we jumped into the water...and reviewed all the stuff that we've learnt, i.e.
  • mask removal, clearing
  • Simulation of no air situation
  • Emergency ascent
  • Buoyancy control etc etc

Then when we finally finished and surface... I took off my regulator and burped...YUCKY!!! Some cheesey puke actually came up to my throat. I had to swallow it back. Happened about 3 times. I have to say it was soooooooo horrible. And then the instructor said "let's do skin-diving".. I have to say that I was MEGA reluctant. The thought sounded awful... diving without scuba gearto the bottom of the pool. I was afraid that I would swallow water throught my snorklers and then BLEAAAHHHHHH ....all the cheesey, coconuty, creamy stuff would evacuate from my belly into the crystal clear waters of the pool!

I asked "can I NOT do it?"....He said NO...

So... I do lah... Surprisingly...could do it quite well... But anyway, I was very very EAGER to go home after that... Felt soooooooo quesy...

Arrived home and faced the porcelain throne! Yup! You guessed it!... EVERYTHING came out!!!

Felt sooooooooo much better after that!!

So...MORAL of the Story is "Don't Stuff Yourself When You Are Full!"

6 comments:

mommy of 3 angels said...

hahahhahaha....glad u pass with flying colors!

NomadicMom said...

Only THEORY lah... The open water one will be in MID-August....

:-)

Anonymous said...

ayooo knowing u r going for diving n u stuffed yourself! dai sei! hahaha...

NomadicMom said...

Laundryamah - Why you so bad?? Say "dai sei"... blech :-P

Anonymous said...

blek!

that sounded... blek!

NomadicMom said...

Mott - Blek is RIGHT ON!

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker