Friday, July 27, 2007

Soooooo Ulu, meh???

I had lunch with one of my ex-colleagues yesterday, and then popped into the office to say my Hellos to everyone, and to collect a tax letter from HRD. While waiting for my letter, small talk ensued... I donno why, but people must think that my life must be quite sad and miserable over in the third world country...

....that my kids don't go to school, and are home-schooled! WHY would anyone think that? Would I even go to a country where my kids have NO proper education??? Of course, then I have to say that they go to the BRITISH school lah....

....that I am grounded in my house because I don't drive there! Aiyo..... Again, I have to say I have a driver...

I am soooooo "cham" looking meh??? BLECH....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I no think like that wor! As soon as I knew you were there because of your husband's work, I know you are 'Tai siew nai' (in a good way) lah. All expatriates are well cared for by their company. It is common knowledge that expatriates are compensated a lot for being drawn away from their own home, the upheavalling. So, even though the place is ulu, doesn't mean the lifestyle of expatriate's family is ulu mah. Right or not?

I also knew your kids must be in an International school and that you have a driver and maids. (Driver and maids though obvious but confirmed in your blog). :))

I would say, "Don't worry what people think, if you have a good life, they can think what they want." Carpe diem!

stay-at-home mum said...

I guess those are the ignorant people. Expatriates are the best paid with all those wonderful perks. Even in ulu country, you lead the high life. Just enjoy it, too bad for them!

NomadicMom said...

Judy - No lah... Not really "tai siew nai" lah.. I only have ONE maid. Also, NOT compensated alot. Just school fees, medical coverage, housing and car. That's it lah. The rest is up to you how you spend your normal pay...

Not that I care what ppl say, just that it was rather irritating at that time lor...

SAHM - No lah.. NOT BEST Paid. Dont say like that. Just that the company pays for school fees and stuff... which I think is the most important...paying school fees, I mean.

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker