Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Mandarin Tuition

Tomorrow. Boys will start on their mandarin tuition. Yup! Holiday also must do some work what.

Kiasu? Nope!

Just that the boys need to polish up on their mandarin...especially S2. His mandarin-speaking ability is zilch! Plus need to REMIND them that they are chinese! Everyone is saying that my boys speak with some ang-moh accent already. I donno. I can't tell. I still think they speak very Malaysian lah..

Anyway, they will have this tuition 3 times a week. 1 1/2 hours each time. Not too bad what. Otherwise they will be watching TV, playing games. Right? Just today, one was playing gameboy and the other watching TV for many many hours leh.

S2's Singaporean classmate actually have to GO to the normal Singapore school this holidays. Immediately the British School breaks for the summer holidays, they went back to Singapore, and started on the Singapore school. Will be doing this for the whole of the Summer Holidays. So, lagi NO holiday for him.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nomadic Mom, I also want Mandarine tuition. I regret not wanting to learn when I was younger. :(

I think Mandarin is a necessary language with so many trades happening with China, Hong Kong and Taiwan.

stay-at-home mum said...

Exposure to the language is the only way to improve. My kids continue with mandarin tuition, holiday or not. Better still bring them to china. They will want to learn and speak even more!

WMD: Wife, Mother, Daughter said...

Poor S2's Singaporean friend. I think that is a little too much.

NomadicMom said...

Judy - Yes. I think Mandarin is a necessity. My mandarin is horrendous...So I can't help my boys lah. H's Mandarin is lagi NON existent. So, what to do? Have mandarin tuition lor.

Stay-At-Home-Mum - It's easier to learn mandarin in singapore. Almost everyone speaks it over there... But with my boys in the British school and in a non-mandarin speaking environment. It's a bit more difficult lah. So..FORCE them to go for tuition.

WMD - Hahaha..But the mom said NO choice..because if they go back to Singapore, the company will not pay for further International school, and they'll have to get back to the Singapore system. So have to keep up lor...

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker