Wednesday, July 11, 2007

S1's PIRATES PARTY

We had S1's Party on Saturday, 7th July 2007.... almost one month earlier than his actual birthday. I expected a total of about 15 kids. But ended up with only 9. Some that said they will come didn't turn up. Even with fewer kids, think it was still okay. I managed to buy some Pirate's Themed tattoos which the kids LOVED! Sculpted some balloon swords for their pirates' duel. Also let the kids have a hand in making their own candy floss....but in the end, I still have to do it.

It did start to drizzle a little bit, but luckily stopped after about 10 minutes. I was thinking AIYO...how am I gonna entertain the kids if it rained?? The whole idea was throw them into the pool! Boys played with water bombs, swam, fought etc. Had a Treasure Hunt too. Will post some of the clues (which was cleverly thought-up by my youngest sis...her ENGRISH VELLY GOOD ONE!!) later...

Thought the Treasure Chest cake looked pretty good. I was quite pleased with it. (Nope! I didn't make the cake.) Brought back those pirates posters...so who knows? I might have another Pirates Party here in PJ.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very creative. Chocolate cake? Curious lah.

Anonymous said...

Very creative. Chocolate cake? Curious lah.

stay-at-home mum said...

Wah! nice cake. Share treasure hunt clues with me. I usually do treasure hunt when it is N's birthday, coz boys cant sit still. Have to run about, and year after year, dont know what to do now!!
Yes, if it rains it is a nightmare! Unfortunately I have no pool. Cant imagine 10 buys in my small living room!

Anonymous said...

waaaaaaaah .. nice nice .. :)

you are so good with these things :)

WMD: Wife, Mother, Daughter said...

I like S1's name. Wow you really did a great job. If I was a kid, I would be so thrilled to see all those goodies.

Anonymous said...

hoi...

so nice and cleber la you. u tied all those balloons yourself ah..so cleber la!

if i were kid......i'd wish i was your kid. have parties like this so AWESOME!!!!!!!!! ;-)

I am Princess Misha's Mum said...

me went back to see what's S1's name .. ahhhh ... nice name .. nice name

me busy body hahahaha

mommy of 3 angels said...

wah really nice party...curious..can't wait to read the treasure hunt clues

your party sooo fun...

Anonymous said...

cannot really see the cake picture la...kept moving gave me a headache! woi have the party here again la!

My Rantings said...

You really "yau sum kei"! If I means, no such things lah. Lazy mummy! :D

NomadicMom said...

Judy - Yeah...Chocolate Ganache Cake :-)

SAHM - Yeah...will post the treasure hunt clues in a while...

Misha - Thank you...Thank you.. I do like to fiddle with these "mou wai" things (as my H calls it)

WMD - :-) Yes...I like his name too...Unfortunately, sometimes people do not pronounce the T in the middle and it becomes a girl's name :-(

MOTT - :-) Am still learning to make other things.. I actually sculpt a sausage dog...but my kids said it looks more like a bazooka!!! :-(

Princess Misha's Mum - Hee Hee.. no such thing as busy body one....

M2As- Treasure Hunt clues coming up soon!

Laundryamah - Hahaha...still deciding if I wanna have another party here. I did bring back the posters though..

Dancing Queen - Quite fun lah...organizing..but also can be quite frustrating if boys like don't care like that...

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker