Wednesday, July 11, 2007

First Day Home!

Just came back from my Hokkien Mee dinner at O&S. The hokkien mee okay lah..but the beehoon not good leh.. Anyway, also had the Stingray Panggang, Satay, Rojak and the Tauhu Sumbat. Yeah..like eat alot hor??

This morning already had my roti canai x 2 and teh tarik at Pandi's (think wrong spelling is it??). Boys wanted to have roti tissue... otherwise would have gone to eat my kway teow soup. After that, took boys to the indian barber place nearby to have their haircuts. Last Sunday, boys wanted to cut their hair at this salon where they get their hair washed too. So... "thann" lah these boys! I said NO since we are coming home already...RM 8 at the Indian Barber vs. RM 20 at the salon wor...of course I chose the cheaper option lah!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The same I did with my son when I was back in Malaysia and then asked him to get a cut again before we flew off. Aiyoh, MR$6 = .80pence wor at that time. I felt so guilty for paying the barber peanuts.

I started cutting my son's hair since 2000 and as everyone said it was so good, he refuses to go to a barber now unless I asked him to. After my husband saw it, he too asked me to cut his hair. So, now I am barber without pay wor! :(

WMD: Wife, Mother, Daughter said...

Even when I go back home to PJ, I eat and eat and eat. Somehow despite Penang being claimed as food paradise, I still find my favourite food back home taste better. Enjoy eating.

Anonymous said...

already writing my list of stuff to eat when i get home. went to a malaysian restaurant the other day and it was £6 for a plate of 'chai tao ker'!!! I was like, 'WAAAAAAHH, do you know how many plates I can buy back home????'

g

NomadicMom said...

Judy - Hey..Cut hair in UK very expensive wor..maybe you should do a sideline. Can earn loads!!!!

WMD - Somehow, we will always prefer the foods that we grew up with...

g - I know how to make chai tau kweh... You can make your own lah... and maybe sell at your stall at Camden Market! Hahahah...

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker