Friday, June 22, 2007

Dermatologist Visit

After much nagging, scolding, reprimanding, ngam-ngam-cham-ing, critisizing from H (idiot actually said that my feet look like market woman, and called me "chue yoke mui" (pork lady) and taunted me further by asking where is my "chue yoke" stall!!!), I finally made an appointment to see a dermatologist for my problematic feet (think I have about 4 posts about this???) yesterday.

She looked at it and said that it very likely a fungal infection. Did a skin scrape test... The lab results came back negative. But she said that the negative result may be due to the medication that I've used (told her that I've applied all sorts of creams) or that the fungus is buried deep beneath the surface of my THICK skin. So...her prescription was oral medication to attack the fungus from within, and topical creams. Told me to use cling wrap over my feet to ensure optimum absorption.

When I went to the cashier, I terperanjat when I saw the bill came to about USD 165/-. Just the oral medication was about USD 100 already. Really ciak-kim (eat gold in Hokkien). Luckily, with our insurance card, the local SOS clinic can charge directly to the company. Otherwise, so cialatt!!!


And I did use the cling wrap on my feet before bed....waaaaaa...MEGA uncomfortable man!!! But what to do???

2 comments:

LHS said...

woo..so terrible le..

NomadicMom said...

Which bit is terrible? My Kaki or the cost?

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker