Sunday, June 10, 2007

WARNING!!! Gross Post!

A Post about DETOX....So, don't vomit!!

You know those "foot detox" that you see in the shopping centers? (I know 1Utama LG has one shop that does it...the shop is somewhat opposite to Rotiboy..)The ones where you soak your feet into a basin of water, and the water gets dirty and yucky???

Well, I did it last Tuesday! A Mat Salleh friend swears by it! She said that whenever she does it, she feels sooooo refreshed and never fall sick for at least a month and suggested that I go (as told her about my bad skin blah blah blah)...so off I went.

- Of course the water was crystal clear at the start.
- Feet are first cleaned in a separate basin.
- Then feet inserted into this basin c/w gadget.
- See some bubbles(?) coming out of the gadget
(I think the gadget ionizes the water somehow or other)
- Gradually, water turns darker and darker and even have residue

Being the natural-born skeptic, I thought the "black and dark" stuff were coming out of the gadget to "trick" people lah... but after observing the water and the gadget itself, think toxins are really drawn out through the pores in the feet!

Why do I say that?
There were actually solid residue at the bottom of the basin, plus some floating on the water. (Lady said for smokers, the colour will even be darker and more floating-type residue) The gadget has only an electrical cable connected to the "generator" and has no external tube that feeds it stuff. I looked at the gadget after she took it out of the water. It looks like one of those "Electrical Mosquito Trap". So, how to PUMP residue into the water? So...real one lah...

I think this works in the same way as those Japanese Plasters (you can buy it in most pharmacies. Mom gave me some to try some months back)...except that the Japanese plasters are herbal and this is a more "technological"method... The Japanese Plasters have dry herbs in it, you stick it at the base of your feet and then go to bed. The next morning, you would see that the dry herbs have turned black and somewhat slimey.... So. Same Principle here.

I donno but I think it's working a little bit. The skin on my soles has been "hardening" (besides cracking) and after this one session, I have to say it has somewhat soften. Perhaps I had a lot of toxins that were STUCK at my feet with no where to go?? And this detox session RELEASED some of it out???? I will go again next week....will report back ...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

heheheh they shld've had a PPP on this....

anyway, malaysia got or not ah? I wanna try to.... i feel very... errr.... toxic?

v

Anonymous said...

Hmmm interesting, I oso wanna try, toxin come out from feet better than from backside ler :P

LHS said...

i saw this here too, but i don't know is it really worked for detoxing?

NomadicMom said...

V - You never read properly one ar? Didn't I say there's a shop opposite ROTIBOY in the LG floor of 1Utama???? Duh...

Firehorse - Yes..definitely better than the backside bit, which you have to have some tube stuck in it, and then pump loads of water in. *OUCH*

This way... much more relaxing..can have shoulder massage while you sit through half and hour for the gunk to come out of your fee.

Huisia - Whether really work for detoxing or not..but the fact is there are actually YUCKY stuff coming out of your body.... So, one way or other, body is somewhat cleansed??

Anonymous said...

gosh..i feel like trying...

but i know i'd be terribly engrossed at the yucky stuff that came out of my body...and would like to sift through it.

hahahhah..can't exactly do that in a shopping mall eh?

NomadicMom said...

Mott - Am sure the shop in the shopping mall does it in an obscure corner. Wouldn't want your hubby's boss or colleague see you and "Hi. Mrs So-and-So" and then see your yucky BLACKY toxins!!!!

Bleah!!!

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker