Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Swimming Gala @ School

Today was to be the Swimming Gala for both Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2. The Key Stage 1 event was scheduled to start at 8.30 am, and Key Stage 2 at 10.30 am. As S2 is in KS1 and S1 in KS2, I had to stay in school from early till way past noon. To make it to school on time, H had to go to the office early so that the driver can be back at the house by 7.40 am to take me to school.
Anyway, at 6.15 am, it was raining cats and dogs. I texted one of the other moms and asked if she thought the event would be cancelled. We decided to go to school anyway...and if the events are cancelled then we would just meet for coffee. True enough, the Key Stage 1 event which was scheduled to start at 8.30 am was postponed to next week. But for the Key Stage 2 event, the school staff said that it was a "wait and see" scenario. Aiyo...how to sit in school for two hours??? So, a few of us decided to go out and have a coffee....
Called the school at 10.15 am to inquire if Swimming Gala is ON. And it was! So...rushed to school. ALAMAK!!!! I missed S2's first event, which was the 2 x 25 m freestyle. I asked him later how he did...and he said that he came out first. Not only that, as his swimming partner did not come, instead of swimming just 25 m, he swam 50 m. Felt a wee bit bad lah...for missing his event. Before you all think "waaaa ...such a good swimmer", the kids are actually grouped according to their skill levels with Stingrays being the best, Barracudas and then the Sharks. S1 is in the Sharks group lah. So...something like the best of the worst. Hahahah..
His next event was a 4 x 25 m Tyre Relay... Not really swimming lah. They all sit on a tyre wor... This event, his team also got first.
Overall, his house, which is RED won! Followed by Green, Blue and Yellow.
As usual, I screamed and cheered with this other RED supporter-mom. Think both of us were the loudest of the moms!!! Now, got sore throat liow.....
:-D

4 comments:

A Mature Student said...

Red won? :(( I was in Yelllow house.
For sore throat, drink Hor Yan Hor. :)

NomadicMom said...

dr ve thru - Yup! RED won....Sorry...YELLOW last wor.. It was a close fight between GREEN and RED.

When I was in school, I was in GREEN. Now, of course have to support son's house lah.

Don't have Hor Yan Hor in the house... and donno where to buy also :-(

A Mature Student said...

I am surprised....which part of I____ are you? Why the place very 'ulu' one ah?

NomadicMom said...

Hahaha... Not as ULU as ppl think.

Think in the chinese part got lah...but it's soooo blardy far lah. With the traffic, I try to confine myself within a small radius from my house.

Ask me where are Ted Baker, Banana Republic, Gap, Debenhams...I can tell you lah. Ask me where to buy Hor Yan Hor..really donno lah.

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker