Friday, June 29, 2007

Poetry Recital Finals...

Just got back home not long.... so kinda tired... changed into my PJs and lying on my bed now. :-)

From my previous post, I mentioned that S1 had to compete with other Year 5 kids in the poetry recital. It was today. AIYA.... this S1 told me that it would be at 9.10 am. Arrived at school right smack at 9.00 AM. Saw that the hall so dark one?? Errr...right or not?? Went around and asked and found out that it was to be at 10.30 AM. AIYOOOOOO... 1 1/2 hours to WAIT!!! Of course cannot go home lah... What to do? So, went to the Parents' Room to have a cup of coffee. Luckily, I saw a familiar face in there. So...chat lah till time.

Anyway, S1 didn't win. I didn't expect him to. I thought his poem was kinda short compared to the others. Plus the other kids were very clear in their recitation. But I was pretty glad that he dared to go up onto the stage to recite his poem whilst acting out the words. His poem was about a "scandalous man named Tom Narrow, who tried to sell his grandmother in a wheelbarrow"..I don't know the full poem lah. For being a finalist, he did get a certificate. :-) And I think he was Ok for not winning.

However, as I was leaving the theatre, I saw S2 with his sad pussycat face walking towards me, and then hugged me and then cried wor. Of course, I was a little bit shocked and thought what was the matter. Then his friend said "he wants his brother to win"...and then S2 said "what also didn't win" in his cry-y voice. ALAMAK! The brother also didn't have any look of disappointment. This one, nothing much to do with him, CRY pulak!!! Have to explain to him that the key thing is to TAKE PART, and not winning... Aiyooooooo

No comments:

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker