Monday, June 18, 2007

Taking Up Golf. Seriously!

Okay! You heard about my first golf lesson. Well, I've gone for my second lesson on Friday. And what's more? H has been very supportive, and bought me this golf set yesterday (Sunday). It was on sale.... he asked me to choose.... Not many choices for ladies' clubs. But there was Titleist, Mizuno and Wilson. I have to say the Mizuno ones looked and felt the best. But it was also TRIPLE the price of the Wilson ones. Me...a beginner...and kiamsiap type, of course chose teh Wilson lah...
Later, we both went to the driving range. I have to say that I abit tension in the beginning. Cause takut H ngam-ngam-cham-cham about my swings. I warned him NOT to correct my swings and leave it to my golf pro. He did behaved well lah.. But then, I had to say that my swings are not too bad :-)
Hit about 60 balls vs. H's 40 balls. Halfway through, I was not hitting well and H said "come and rest and have a drink lah. Why are you like a machine gun?" hahahah... Have to say that after the rest, I was more composed and hit much better... had a few very clean shots. I was kinda pleased with myself!!! :-)
Can't wait for my next lesson!

8 comments:

Everyday Healy said...

I would like to try golfing too, but, I am a bit worried to go under the hot sun ..... :(

NomadicMom said...

Wear a BIG BIG HAT!!!

Hahaha...

A Mature Student said...

Playing golf appeals to me in a sort of way but I hate walking....so how?
I might talk my husband into taking up this hobby when my daughter leaves for uni in Oct cos then it will be just my lau ang and me at home. On the other hand, my lau ang very boring one, a cup or two of tea and newspapers will keep him entertained the whole day.

Anonymous said...

I love golf, played it before i had kids. Unfortunately..i have no time to indulge in it now. maybe when the kids r a lil bigger.....

;-)

NomadicMom said...

dr ve thru - How come hate walking? Tot you are in UK? Everybody LOVES to walk in the UK. Even when I was living there, walking was NEVER a problem. Even purposely walk to Hyde Park to walkabout more...

Have to say that for a moment.. I tot you could be my aunt. :-) But then she doesn't live in Kent...

NomadicMom said...

Mott - Yeah..when they are in school till like 3.30 pm or 4.30 pm.. Sure can!!! But then, in Malaysia...school ends earlier wor..

A Mature Student said...

Are you sure I am not your aunt ah? You don't give real name....let me think ah, have I got a niece in I____? Haha

Yes, English people love to walk come rain or shine and even when it is wet and windy. I only walk when I feel like walking because I was born in MALAYSIA mah. :)

I use to be worse when in Melb but now I try to be more active because we have a lovely country footpath here and a farm behind us.

So, are you my niece or not? Can claim you as niece ah?

NomadicMom said...

dr ve thru - No lah.. my aunt's daughter older than the son. Yours is other way round. Plus my aunt lives on the west, in between Reading and London. Aiyo. I don't even remember the name...si-boh?

SURE can claim me as your niece!!! I get treats like English Scones and Tea!!! And fresh Cream Slices!! When I was studying in UK, my visits to my aunt's place would always start with a very very fattening fresh cream slice!!! Hehehe...

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker