Sunday, August 19, 2007

Dinner...

Yesterday (Saturday), we had some "important" guests over for dinner ... "Important" because they were H's customers. We had two families over....4 adults, 2 young adults and 3 kids. Had to set up a separate table for the 5 kids (3 + my 2 monsters). Actually, I didn't have any spare tables, so went out to buy a foldable one in the morning. I was quite pleased that it didn't cost a bomb. Only USD 18/-.

Menu
French Onion Soup
Roast Leg of Lamb
Roast Potatoes
Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Blanched Carrots and Green Beans
Spinach Au Gratin
Vanilla Ice-Cream

Kids' Menu
Fried Chicken and Chips
Raspberry Jelly

At first, wanted to make Banoffi Pie for dessert. But one of the customer's wife said she'll make Chilled Cheesecake, so I didn't make any dessert. Unfortunately, the cheesecake didn't set. Luckily, I had a new tub of vanilla ice-cream in the freezer, plus chocolate fudge and caramel topping in the fridge... So had that for dessert instead.

Sorry..NO photos..as I was so busy.. Had to go buy the table in the morning, then to the supermarket, then in the kitchen preparing all the foodstuff. Then off to buy a flower arrangement and wine, shower, check on food, entertain guests, make and serve drinks, serve the kids etc etc... H was like "ask the maid to do. Come and entertain the guests". Aiyo... the maid not superwoman what.. how can she be serving drinks when she is frying the chicken?

Anyway, think the dinner was quite a success... So I took opportunity to whine abit at bedtime...with the "I don't feel appreciated blah blah blah"... H was then trying to cajole me lah...and then? He fell asleep PULAK... Bleah!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done! Eh, you trying to get 'reward' from your husband at the end of the day, is it?

Nice menu but I can imagine all the work involved.

My Rantings said...

Wah... bukan main lagi the menu! Drop heavier hints lah to your hubby...! :D

stay-at-home mum said...

Wow! What a menu! Next time dont forget to invite me, hor?

NomadicMom said...

Judy - Hahaha.. Yeah. Want to get some SAYANG lah... Kekekek...

Luckily got maid lah.. She does the washing,cleaning, peeling, de-boning, blanching and frying stuff. Otherwise I pengsan!

Dancing Queen - I did! I did! But he ZZZZZZ so quickly before I can merajuk more.

Stay-at-home Mum - Can. Can....

mommy of 3 angels said...

wah u real terror.

WMD: Wife, Mother, Daughter said...

Wow...the menu sounds so appetizing. It must be frustrating right...that your husband zzz off so fast. Ha ha...i know how it feels.

NomadicMom said...

Mommy Of 2 Angels - Not terror.. Just one of the tasks that I need to do lah..

WMD - Yeah man.. Frustrating aje...

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker